Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

switching channel on it's own

keller81

Last night I was playing through my hd500x and it would keep switching to channel two of the amp model bank when I wasn't even touching it. If I stayed on 2 it was fine, but if i selected one of the other switches, it might stay for 5 mins or might not even stay for 1 second. anyone else have this problem? any guidance?

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue only mine was with the tuner/tap tempo switch. I switched the tuner on and when I attempted to switch it off it only came out of tuner momentarily, then back into tuner mode. This was 30 min before a gig too. I had to have the PC board replaced. These units aren't built to last with repeated switching of the switches during regular gigging. You may have to send it to a service center to diagnose the problem.

eg time ago with simple cleaning I perfectly restored the nav pad keys, 

Hey, can you describe how did you do this? my right nav pad key sometimes doesn't move properly, it is necessary to remove all screws or just the front panel?

but if you have the HD500/X like me, know that it is not possible to open the front panel directly from the outside, but unfortunately it is necessary to disassemble more or less everything..

yes, the hd500x. Well, If I have to disassemble everything...I think I can live with this little issue,

thanks