Has anyone successfully restrung a right handed Variax guitar to play left handed? Is it possible to do this and if not, then why?

• Upvote 1

You can't do this without also reversing the Piezo sensor order or the modeling will be hosed up.  That is possible if you know what you are doing and know your way around a soldering iron.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info Charlie. Unfortunately it seems that a Variax guitar is not in the stars for left handed players at this time unless we undertake the risk of modifying the guitar.

While my first choice would be a left handed Variax guitar if one existed, I'll have to settle for a GR-55 or Boss GP-10 with a GK3 pickup. 

Hi Endury101 Charlie is right. You can't just turn them upside down. But it is possible if you want to take a risk and void the warranty. You can see a few pictures of mine on twitter. @nofretlefty or search on the hashtag #leftyvariax. It was worth the effort I love the guitar. Happy to help if you want to give it a go. I've created a pattern for the pickguard and am working on the routing patterns so any reasonable woodshop could make a body. Also, I have another project up my sleeve for us lefty's. Out of respect for Line 6 you will have to PM off line.

Hi Endury101 Charlie is right. You can't just turn them upside down. But it is possible if you want to take a risk and void the warranty. You can see a few pictures of mine on twitter. @nofretlefty or search on the hashtag #leftyvariax. It was worth the effort I love the guitar. Happy to help if you want to give it a go. I've created a pattern for the pickguard and am working on the routing patterns so any reasonable woodshop could make a body. Also, I have another project up my sleeve for us lefty's. Out of respect for Line 6 you will have to PM off line.

:lol:

"Out of respect for Line 6...", who won't make a lefty for all the lefties out there!!!!!

If they made a Variax that totally suited my tastes/preferences, I woudn't feel the need to vaxplant into a Strat clone, and that's choice, not genetics...

I don't feel the need to be apologetic to anyone about that.

Don't concern yourself with feelings around here, it's a business-model. Apart from the trolls of course! :rolleyes:

:lol:

"Out of respect for Line 6...", who won't make a lefty for all the lefties out there!!!!!

?

I've had a left-handed 500 for well over 10 years! Unless I'm mistaken and it's not a 500. Is there any way I can determine which model it is?