Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help with POD HD edit losing presets

Pacohelix

Hey i just got a POD HD500.  Im using the computer software to download all these nice customtone patches.  My issue is once I put them on the POD and use them once I turn off I lose them all.  I send and receive the patches and It does nothing.  Any help would be great

Hmmm...The SEND operation should save them on the POD device. If that's not happening there may be something wrong with the USB connection although it seems to be operating fine otherwise.

Try manually saving the presets using the SAVE button on the device after using the SEND operation in the editor.

Hmmm...The SEND operation should save them on the POD device.

It should, but it doesn't. At least it never has on mine. It sends the changes I make, but nothing is actually saved to the POD itself unless I do it manually. The little asterisk on the display stays there until I hit "save". Been like that since day one, through various firmware updates and resets...so if that ain't the way it's designed, then mine's been busted for 3 or 4 years now. Oh well...

It should, but it doesn't. At least it never has on mine. It sends the changes I make, but nothing is actually saved to the POD itself unless I do it manually. The little asterisk on the display stays there until I hit "save". Been like that since day one, through various firmware updates and resets...so if that ain't the way it's designed, then mine's been busted for 3 or 4 years now. Oh well...

The * is a flaw that I wish would be fixed. The * stays. But send does actually save the changes. 

The * is a flaw that I wish would be fixed. The * stays. But send does actually save the changes. 

That has been my experience as well. the fact that the asterisk stays there is how I found the HD500 patch not working on the HD500X solution. But, when creating patches from scratch, even though the asterisk is there, if you were to SEND a patch and turn the unit off and on, the SEND patch would be there with no asterisk.

Pianoguy

I had an HD500. I got an HD500X when they went on sale somewhere. Using my HD500 for a backup. Often, when I had taken a patch that I had created in an HD500 and put it in my HD500X, it wouldn't "take" for lack of a better word. Sometimes, when my HD500X was on a patch I had loaded earlier from my HD500 files (.h5e file extension instead of HD500X's .5xe) and I started HD Edit, it would time out and not connect. To fix it, all I did was shut Edit down, switch to a different patch and fire Edit back up while on that different patch. I could then go to the HD500 patch in Edit from there. I also had an old banjo patch I built on the HD500 (I own a JTV Variax). I had saved a banjo tuning to my banjo model slot on my JTV. When I pulled the old banjo patch over that had the banjo model slot selected, the banjo tuning would be different. And it wasn't because I had save a tuning in the patch itself on the HD500. And, as I recall, the tuning on the banjo model in the Variax would get stuck on that tuning. Rebooting and restarting would get everything back. So it was mostly what I described in some manner. Sometimes if I fired up the HD500X when it had been shutdown on a patch I had created in the HD500 and stored by "SENDING" and not saving from the unit, it wouldn't like it. It's been so long, I can't remember what it would fire up on but I could go to another patch, fire up Edit, and then go back to it. Something like that. I then found that if I saved it to the HD500X from the unit itself it would be OK. It seems to me I had found that I would also have to change something in the patch before saving. I don't need to go back to my old HD500 patches anymore so it's been awhile since I've experienced this. So it was fixable but it's been so long, I can't remember all of the specifics.