Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD 2.0 (old big POD) starts and goes blank

So...

I had this POD 2.0 for about 10 years now and it worked for me the first 3 months then suddenly I started getting this weird problem, were you would start up the unit and it will stay normal for about a minute or less and then it will go into the tuner and wont give any sound whatsoever, moving to another patch or out of the tuner will only put you back on the tuner again with no sound.

I struggled with this to the point where I just quit it and almost trow it away, nobody at Line 6 could give me any help or advise (although at the time there were several people having this kind of problem). I changed the Eprom twice, took it to local tec's ("authorized dealer"), 3rd party tec's, you name it, I opted to just leave it there to oblivion.

Long story short, have a tec or somebody change the heatsink on this piece of junk, the unit gets hot after little use and causes this BS, I found out after digging it up from the gear graveyard, I was about to destroy it to satan but decided to give it another shot and found out that was the problem.

Hope this helps somebody.

Pease!