Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hello !

Old-Rocker

All quiet in DT world,i'd just thought i'd let you all know,that at least I'm,still alive,hope everybody else is :D .

Hello! Still alive here, too  :) and getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner. Got a nice kiss from old man winter last night, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think they are amazing! The sounds, and the ability to switch quickly between diverse sounds, is mind blowing. What will you be using it for/in what environment? I only ask as I have recently ditched using the DT for gigs - go direct to the board - as it really saves my back (just take POD, 59 & small rucksack of leads) and allows me to keep stage volume really low (my ears are loving it). Only downside is that I can't lollipop the drummer & bass player off by turning up to 11!

I just bought a JTV 69 and an HD500. Playing through a powered speaker.Works very well.Wondering if its worth it to get the last part of the system the DT-25? My local GC has one for $429

you are gonna love the DT25 and can't go wrong at that price...  mine was twice that just for the head.

Personally I think they are amazing! The sounds, and the ability to switch quickly between diverse sounds, is mind blowing. What will you be using it for/in what environment? I only ask as I have recently ditched using the DT for gigs - go direct to the board - as it really saves my back (just take POD, 59 & small rucksack of leads) and allows me to keep stage volume really low (my ears are loving it). Only downside is that I can't lollipop the drummer & bass player off by turning up to 11!

yeah I have not pulled the trigger on it yet.It is still sitting at GC. Weight is a consideration for me too and I have been gigging a JTV/HD500 and light powered speaker(s) now for a few weeks. I have a 1982 JCM800/JCM 200 DSL 401/Fender Blues Deluxe RI/ Fender Pro Junior and Vox Night Train head for tube amps that dont see much gig time. My gigging needs will change after rhe end of the year as I will be doing much more leading of my own trio instead of the side man gigging I have done for about the last 10 years.

Thanks for all the opinions/ advice I appreciate all of you!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using my DT-25 head with a Helix (and a real Butler Tube Driver and Tim pedal for drives) over the past few months. I've been fortunate enough to play some pretty big gigs recently and had some very encouraging feedback from guys who actually know what they are on about. 
The DT is such a good amp!

• 4 months later...

Hey all,

I'm the new guy who's been posting about struggling with the HD500X recently... guess what... I got my DT25 112 today, unpacked it and it sounds GREAT with my strat right out of the box... I'm excited to have some success a this point... the POD I bought was a Sweetwater demo model for 450, now they dropped the price to 399. The thing would not update correctly so SW tech support is sending me a brand new one, they just got some in stock this week.

So for now I'm just working with the DT25 standalone until I get the brand new POD, then I'll begin again learning the modeling stuff but now thru the DT25. I hope the POD sounds good thru DT... If I'm successful and happy with the modeling journey I'll even look into trying out a variax... I've been teetering on the fence ever since I started out with the HD500X... at least now I know I have a straight forward amp that works well with some good functionality choices, even if I have to run the POD as a multi effect unit only I should be ok.

More questions to follow soon! I appreciate this forum!