Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware version 2.10 is here!

HonestOpinion

I'm away from my gear at the moment, but reading through the release notes... SO MUCH WIN!

No 'spoilers' here... but well-played, Line 6.

It's an excellent way of demonstrating the effectiveness of systems like IdeaScale and this forum.

I can't wait to do my backups and apply the update to my Rack later.

• Upvote 1

I agree. A balanced update featuring both new stuff, improvements and the mandatory bugfixes that is so important for stability going forward. Thumbs up for that! Personally i would have liked to see a new High-gain amp model (line 6 original preferably)... maybe that will come in the next update.

I agree. A balanced update featuring both new stuff, improvements and the mandatory bugfixes that is so important for stability going forward. Thumbs up for that! Personally i would have liked to see a new High-gain amp model (line 6 original preferably)... maybe that will come in the next update.

The PRS Archon is a high gain amp ;)

Someone did an absolutely fantastic job on revising the update instructions for this version of the firmware. This effort will no doubt be rewarded by fewer calls to support and fewer users with failed updates (sure there will be a few as always). Really nice job on the firmware notes and instructions!!!  :)

The PRS Archon is a high gain amp ;)

Admittedly, I had never played a real Archon before we got one in to model. It's an awesome-sounding, really unique amp, and pretty tricky to model properly. What's nutty is that the Lead channel can be bröötül but its Clean channel can be pristine enough for smooth jazz. Didn't expect to love that amp, but it might be my favorite now.

Admittedly, I had never played a real Archon before we got one in to model. It's an awesome-sounding, really unique amp, and pretty tricky to model properly. What's nutty is that the Lead channel can be bröötül but its Clean channel can be pristine enough for smooth jazz. Didn't expect to love that amp, but it might be my favorite now.

Me too... I'm not a high gain guy, but I actually like the lead channel quite a lot on this amp. Very aggressive, but yet open sounding too. The clean is really nice and glassy.

AWESOME!

Boss SD-1 is a nice surprise!  I'm probably more excited about that than most people  :D.  Just always wanted to try one.

Regarding the expression auto-enable, does it engage with any movement and then disengage after a set time when there's no movement?  Or is the auto-enable the same feature as the Positional engage?

AWESOME!

Boss SD-1 is a nice surprise!  I'm probably more excited about that than most people  :D.  Just always wanted to try one.

Regarding the expression auto-enable, does it engage with any movement and then disengage after a set time when there's no movement?  Or is the auto-enable the same feature as the Positional engage?

I have always loved the Boss SD-1. I have an original Japanese made version and it is a great warm overdrive. I have done A/B tests with that pedal against some much more expensive boutique overdrive pedals including ones that actually had tubes in them and it kicked most of their a$$es. Not sure everyone is aware there are some new effects and amp models in this update. They are listed in the Downloads section under the Firmware notes, not the Editor notes.

I have always loved the Boss SD-1. I have an original Japanese made version and it is a great warm overdrive. Not sure everyone is aware there are some new effects and amp models in this update. They are listed under the Firmware notes, not the Editor notes.

Yup, take a look.  Amps and pedals listed in the sticky thread. 

..... Not sure everyone is aware there are some new effects and amp models in this update. They are listed in the Downloads section under the Firmware notes, not the Editor notes.

Aaah - OK. I thought the new amps and models had been overlooked since they are not in the editor release notes. Including them in the firmware notes makes sense but users won't see the firmware notes in the Downloads section if they follow the instructions. Glad the new stuff is noted in Line 6 Updater.

It just blew me away  a few seconds ago when i tried it out using the SD-1 in front. What an amazing crunchy killer metal sound. Absolutely fantastic! That was a nasty surprise.

Aaah - OK. I thought the new amps and models had been overlooked since they are not in the editor release notes. Including them in the firmware notes makes sense but users won't see the firmware notes in the Downloads section if they follow the instructions. Glad the new stuff is noted in Line 6 Updater.

Agreed, what a fantastic and welcome surprise (bonus!) after reading further, I did not initially think they were any new models after only reading the Editor's release notes.  :)

Timing couldn't have been more perfect - I'm on vacation for the next 3 days and then heading in to a long weekend - so plenty of time for me to play with the new stuff.

I'd like to thank Line 6 for taking my personal schedule into account when timing this release.  :)

• Upvote 1

Timing couldn't have been more perfect - I'm on vacation for the next 3 days and then heading in to a long weekend - so plenty of time for me to play with the new stuff.

I'd like to thank Line 6 for taking my personal schedule into account when timing this release.   :)

Same here!

Holy moly! The PRS Archon amp is MONSTROUS! Great job, guys. Now I love my Helix even more. <3

And the patch notes lmao

"- If a user fails to read and follow the update instructions, Helix will cause their car radio to play only polka death metal every Thursday from 1-3pm PST"

• Upvote 1

Ohhh my :rolleyes: . I didn't know that. That just makes the update even better. Thanks for mentioning.

With 5 gain stages versus most high gain amps three gain stages it sure is a beast. I'm looking forward to trying it – not for metal, but for lead tones and for it's clean channel ;)

With 5 gain stages versus most high gain amps three gain stages it sure is a beast. I'm looking forward to trying it – not for metal, but for lead tones and for it's clean channel ;)

I cant believe i didn't notice this monster at first when scrolling through the release notes. I played around with it for a few minutes - no adjustments just factory settings. It's craaaazy!! You are in for a treat.

Is there a new rev E version of the HELIX User Manual pdf? I found only 2.0's rev D on the HELIX Manuals dowload page. 

I'm picking up a brand new HELIX today, and would like to have the latest docs. I've already read the 2.10 stickys and the Release Notes.

I cant believe i didn't notice this monster at first when scrolling through the release notes. I played around with it for a few minutes - no adjustments just factory settings. It's craaaazy!! You are in for a treat.

I downloaded the updater earlier. Just need to load it in when I get back from washing and cleaning the car. Will spend some quality time with the amp then :)

I notice following  :)  ;)  :)  :)

Helix Firmware 2.10 Release Notes

-Improvements/Changes

"If a user fails to read and follow the update instructions, Helix will cause their car radio to play only polka death metal every Thursday from 1-3pm PST"

Is there a new rev E version of the HELIX User Manual pdf? I found only 2.0's rev D on the HELIX Manuals dowload page. 

I'm picking up a brand new HELIX today, and would like to have the latest docs. I've already read the 2.10 stickys and the Release Notes.

We don't typically rev manuals for relatively minor point releases, as it's a ton of work and translations are really expensive. The release notes should give you all you need to know.