Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware version 2.10 is here!

HonestOpinion

I cannot believe how many phenomenal improvements to functionality there are in this release! :)  The new amps and effects are great too. The Helix just keeps getting better and better! Maybe I am deluding myself and the Line6 team had this stuff all planned out already without any user input, but I don't think so, at least not entirely. It seems like they are truly listening to their user base as well as actively incorporating ideas from IdeaScale. If anyone is reading this who does not already own a Helix I heartily encourage you to jump onboard, this is one hellacious piece of gear and I can only imagine what it will be looking like in several months. So far this is my favorite piece of gear of all time! Maybe I am gushing a bit but in keeping with the holiday spirit the Helix is like a 'turducken', you know a duck inside a chicken inside a turkey (I know, worst metaphor ever). Its a little bit 'o magic wrapped up in some mojo encased by a ground-breaking and revolutionary design. Nice job fellas, can't wait to see what a 'major' firmware update looks like, this one feels pretty major to me!

• Upvote 1

I cannot believe how many phenomenal improvements to functionality there are in this release! :)  The new amps and effects are great too. The Helix just keeps getting better and better! Maybe I am deluding myself and the Line6 team had this stuff all planned out already without any user input, but I don't think so, at least not entirely. It seems like they are truly listening to their user base as well as actively incorporating ideas from IdeaScale. If anyone is reading this who does not already own a Helix I heartily encourage you to jump onboard, this is one hellacious piece of gear and I can only imagine what it will be looking like in several months. So far this is my favorite piece of gear of all time! Maybe I am gushing a bit but in keeping with the holiday spirit the Helix is like a 'turducken', you know a duck inside a chicken inside a turkey (I know, worst metaphor ever). Its a little bit 'o magic wrapped up in some mojo encased by a ground-breaking and revolutionary design. Nice job fellas, can't wait to see what a 'major' firmware update looks like, this one feels pretty major to me!

Agreed, its the best piece of gear I've ever bought.  What are your favorite new features?  I barely have explored anything yet.  So far I love the new Archon Lead + OD pedal, it can get some really heavy tones out of that.

I reeeeally like the new features on the 2.10 update, especially colors for snapshots feature, yet, there are two things which could be taken care of: when you swap snapshots, colors are not swapped with the settings;

marvellous update anyway ! Helix is easily the best gear investment I've ever made

Agreed, its the best piece of gear I've ever bought.  What are your favorite new features?  I barely have explored anything yet.  So far I love the new Archon Lead + OD pedal, it can get some really heavy tones out of that.

Love the new effects and amps, would have been happy to have seen several more of them, but what we got is great, love the new PRS Archon and the SD-1 overdrive model. I love pretty much all of the new features, two that immediately jumped out were the new 'switchless' expression pedal functionality that uses position to activate and the addition of the ability to use MIDI to bypass/enable blocks. I also love the addition of the keyboard/mouse shortcuts for quickly assigning a parameter to the snapshots (thank you very much)!

Admittedly, I had never played a real Archon before we got one in to model. It's an awesome-sounding, really unique amp, and pretty tricky to model properly. What's nutty is that the Lead channel can be bröötül but its Clean channel can be pristine enough for smooth jazz. Didn't expect to love that amp, but it might be my favorite now.

Me too... I'm not a high gain guy, but I actually like the lead channel quite a lot on this amp. Very aggressive, but yet open sounding too. The clean is really nice and glassy.

YES YES YES!!  The Archon one of my favorite amps of all time.   I love seeing other people like it too.  It is one of the few high gain amps out there that I feel I might be able to distinctly pick out of a full mix.  So much character.  And its cleans have absolutely no business being that pleasant. I'm super pumped to see it in Helix.

Love the new effects and amps, would have been happy to have seen several more of them, but what we got is great, love the new PRS Archon and the SD-1 overdrive model. I love pretty much all of the new features, two that immediately jumped out were the new 'switchless' expression pedal functionality that uses position to activate and the addition of the ability to use MIDI to bypass/enable blocks. I also love the addition of the keyboard/mouse shortcuts for quickly assigning a parameter to the snapshots (thank you very much)!

Oh, and how could I leave out the nifty new ability to color-code the footswitch rings for snapshots. Great addition! Guess what I am trying to say is it is all good!

NO HIGH GAIN UPGRADE: NOT INTERESTED

Over the last couple of weeks, ive really put together some fantastic high gain sounds with the Helix amps. They are 95% IR based obviously, without question the best high gain tones ive heard from a Helix.. I will post them sometime in the next few weeks along with discussion.  

Now without the right IRs, you may not like them as much and Helix cabs arent going to come anywhere close, but if i can approximate the IRs im using, at the very least it will give you a great starting point. These tones are very close to mix ready for my tastes but lets face it, no two people often think alike, not to mention the differences in gear, playing, ect.....

• Upvote 1

Over the last couple of weeks, ive really put together some fantastic high gain sounds with the Helix amps. They are 95% IR based obviously, without question the best high gain tones ive heard from a Helix.. I will post them sometime in the next few weeks along with discussion.  

Now without the right IRs, you may not like them as much and Helix cabs arent going to come anywhere close, but if i can approximate the IRs im using, at the very least it will give you a great starting point. These tones are very close to mix ready for my tastes but lets face it, no two people often think alike, not to mention the differences in gear, playing, ect.....

THANK YOU! NOW WE ARE TALKIN'!

WoW..... just downloaded the new firmware 2.10 and started from the first presets and the Helix sounds so much better!! Im sure the cabs/ stock IRs  have been upgraded to me the amp models so so much better and distinctive...Cant wait to dig in some more might be up all night lol !!

THANKS LINE 6 staff... You guys Rock! 

WoW..... just downloaded the new firmware 2.10 and started from the first presets and the Helix sounds so much better!! Im sure the cabs/ stock IRs  have been upgraded to me the amp models so so much better and distinctive...Cant wait to dig in some more might be up all night lol !!

THANKS LINE 6 staff... You guys Rock! 

Haven't had much of a chance to play with the new firmware yet. Are other folks noticing an overall improvement to the sound? Not sure whether they tweaked the amps/cabs but new firmware does seem to make everything sound better, even the neighbors' dog who keeps barking next door...  :)

Haven't had much of a chance to play with the new firmware yet. Are other folks noticing an overall improvement to the sound? Not sure whether they tweaked the amps/cabs but new firmware does seem to make everything sound better, even the neighbors' dog who keeps barking next door...  :)

Yeah for sure the sound is way better now with the new update!! even the 2204 sounds way better..

Ok, at least it's not just me - first thing I did was go to the previous sound I was tinkering with, and thought it was floating my boat even more than before the update.

But I was assuming it was a matter of 'placebo' effect - shiny new firmware making me happy and thereby, listening with 'happy' ears...

Now I see these other few comments; duly noted.

Next session I'll go through the factory presets to give a fresh listen.

But, one of my big happy moments was, with the simplest process, setting up a wah to simply engage when coming off of 'parked' position, and reversing that.

Just awesome.

The new amps - really nice; I'm really taken with the new L6 original one - I'm another who's all for that approach to creating 'fictional' amps that simply work great.

I feel like the beauty of the l6 made amps is they aren't bound by trying to model something else...I could imagine there's a situation where when modeling an amp maybe there's something about it they think would be an improvement but then overall not be an accurate representation of the amp they are trying to model.

That said, so far I think all the amp models I have tried sound great so go figure

• Upvote 1

"I got blisters on my fingers!"

I'm SO impressed by this amp, thanks for your kind advice

congrats line6! you made it!!! thank you!

Ha, nice quote! I think the cool thing about the Archon is you don't even need a boost. It stays tight in the bass and raunchy in the mids without being piecing. Remarkable. I'll probably use it more with the gain turned down to 2, which is still a very overdriven crunch sound ;)

• Upvote 1

THERE'S NOTHING MORE I CAN ASK FOR LINE6 THAN AN ORIGINAL LINE6 MODEL WITH NO NEED TO STOMP IN FRONT TO GET A DREAM HIGH GAIN TONE

You, my friend, need the Agro! Incredible high-gain tones out of this one with no need for a stomp!

Vote for it here:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/The-original-Line6-Amp-with-the-biggest-versatility-the-AGRO!/842434-23508

• Upvote 1

Great "minor" update. Keeps getting better and better.

Still waiting for MIDI clock support (sync to incoming), and Workbench HD support. Then I will do a little dance.

Couldn't agree more! Especially for the Variax integration and the MIDI clock should have been in there from the start.

Except, just one thing - I don't do dancing!

Although, if those nice people at Line 6 included a tuner in the editor, then "spikey" may do the dance instead. Yee har! :lol:

Helixâ„¢ 2.10 firmware includes new models and features that add even more power and sonic versatility to the Helix experience. In addition to three new amps and two new effects, Helix 2.10 includes new editing features and software improvements that will enhance your workflow and enable you to take even greater control over your sound and performance. Helix 2.10 is available for both Helix and Helix Rack.

Thank you so much for this pre-black-friday-update!!!

Enjoing it and my deepest respect  - no bug (reports) so far...

(except http://line6.com/support/topic/24048-fw-210-expression-pedal-question/

)

Moaning seems to start - but this was supposed to be a "little, minor' update.

I keep hoping and praying for the workbench hd implementation in 2016 anyway... ;)

...ahem, and thanks for midipants integration; this was really overdue...

My laptop exploded last week... well I'm pretty sure it's just the battery but I now have a non-functioning MacBook at an awkwardly austere time (actually in the middle of making a little Roseberry IR demo, too awesome to handle!) so I would just like to take this moment to express how much I hate all of you 2.10'ers and your auto engaging wahs