Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.10 FW and EXP strange behaviour

a2dconverterguy

Hello Folks, 

I am having the following anomoly after loading the 2.1FW (a proper reset using the 9&10 footswitch was performed right after :) )...

When I first power up the Helix, the patch, on Snapshot 1, comes up with the EXP display showing EXP 1/ EXP2

On Snapshot 1, I can assign EXP 2 to Phaser Rate and EXP 1 as the Univibe Rate and I can switch between EXP 1/ EXP 2 using the toe switch. 

When I switch to Snapshot 2, the display changes to EXP 1 only and I can continue to control the Univibe Rate.

When I go back to Snapshot 1 the Display continues to show EXP 1 and I can't control the Phaser Rate if I hit the toe switch.

The only way to get EXP 1/ EXP2 on the display is to restart the Helix.

Probably a bug, any insight or confirmation is appreciated!

seeya

Joe

EDIT for Solution

From Igor on the Helix FB Page replying to another user...

"QA and I have just looked into your issue more deeply and there is a small bug with converting older presets in some instances. We will address this as quickly as possible. In the mean time, go ahead and resave your presets after plugging and unplugging a cable into EXP2 to restore functionality. You should no longer see the problem after saving in the normal state."

You have to do this for every snapshot... I tried it and all of my presets have returned to normal!

Hello Folks, 

I am having the following anomoly after loading the 2.1FW (a proper reset using the 9&10 footswitch was performed right after :) )...

When I first power up the Helix, the patch, on Snapshot 1, comes up with the EXP display showing EXP 1/ EXP2

On Snapshot 1, I can assign EXP 2 to Phaser Rate and EXP 1 as the Univibe Rate and I can switch between EXP 1/ EXP 2 using the toe switch. 

When I switch to Snapshot 2, the display changes to EXP 1 only and I can continue to control the Univibe Rate.

When I go back to Snapshot 1 the Display continues to show EXP 1 and I can't control the Phaser Rate if I hit the toe switch.

The only way to get EXP 1/ EXP2 on the display is to restart the Helix.

Probably a bug, any insight or confirmation is appreciated!

seeya

Joe

EDIT for Solution

From Igor on the Helix FB Page replying to another user...

"QA and I have just looked into your issue more deeply and there is a small bug with converting older presets in some instances. We will address this as quickly as possible. In the mean time, go ahead and resave your presets after plugging and unplugging a cable into EXP2 to restore functionality. You should no longer see the problem after saving in the normal state."

You have to do this for every snapshot... I tried it and all of my presets have returned to normal!

Workaround in this post as well, looks like the same one as here: http://line6.com/support/topic/24048-fw-210-expression-pedal-question/?p=183609