Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

CC Toggles trigger themselve when patch is activated

olivierJez

Hi there,

I am using the CC Toggles to control Logic pro x from my Helix. I have a few recording patches, when inside the control screen, there are some foot switches assigned to trigger record, stop, play.... on LogicPro. It is working fine.

My problem is that when i select one of these patches, it triggers the play straight away. Just choosing a patch is sending the trigger. I tried to save the patch with all the foot switches set to the dim value, but it still trigger play when i select the patch. I got lucky it didn't trigger record instead....

so basically, how can i avoid that problem ? did i do something wrong or is it a bug everybody gets when doing that ?

cheers

Olivier

Hi there,

I am using the CC Toggles to control Logic pro x from my Helix. I have a few recording patches, when inside the control screen, there are some foot switches assigned to trigger record, stop, play.... on LogicPro. It is working fine.

My problem is that when i select one of these patches, it triggers the play straight away. Just choosing a patch is sending the trigger. I tried to save the patch with all the foot switches set to the dim value, but it still trigger play when i select the patch. I got lucky it didn't trigger record instead....

so basically, how can i avoid that problem ? did i do something wrong or is it a bug everybody gets when doing that ?

cheers

Olivier

Is there any chance you assigned your CC commands to the 'Instant' controls (the ones that look like a lightning bolt)? That can cause the commands to be sent as soon as you select a preset or a snapshot.

Hi,

mmm, I don't think so, those are on top on the toggles, but I'll double check when i go home tonight. This is what i did : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85hngtC7CoU

Do you mean that cc trigger is not the right option to use ? or there is an option i overlooked ?

cheers

O

Sounds like you know what I am referring to. If you go into the Command Center you will see the screen used for assigning, among other things, the MIDI commands. The six icons to the left on the top row look like lightning bolts. Those are 'Instant' commands and activate as soon as you change to the preset or a snapshot. If you want a MIDI command to be issued only when you explicitly hit a switch once you are in a preset you need to assign the MIDI command to one of the footswitch icons, not a lightning ('Instant') icon. Again, sounds like you were already aware of this but perhaps one got assigned in error?

The video seems to be using the footswitch icons so if you did it like this without inadvertently programming an Instant command then perhaps something else is going on. Maybe one of the other LogicPro or MIDI mavens on the forum can offer more assistance.

• 1 month later...

Problem solved !!!

It toke a while and the help of line 6 support.

The problem is CCtoggle have both dim and lit value of the footswich set to 127 to send info. But when selecting a patch helix send the info of the status of the footswitch value, and by so, send a trigger to logic, in fact all the info : stop, play, record, go back and cancel last record. It turns out logic start playing but i did notice a red flash like he start record but cancel...

The answer is instead of using CCtoggles, using MIDI CC, all works fine now.

cheers