Sign in to follow this  
scotty_burford

The new Litigator model is wonderful

I really enjoyed this new amp as well. Sounds killer I really like cranking the gain up then using my guitars volume to change how clean/dirty it gets

It seemed to sound fender to me but with roughly twice the amount of gain so I compared it to the deluxe got them to sound basically identical with basically the same EQ settings but with half the gain on the litigator. I wonder if they just added an extra gain stage

I'm not sure there, but if it is indeed a Dumble model of some description I have no idea how they are designed with such things. I have been in the same room as one only once - when I saw Larry Carlton. 

I have owned a Twin before and this is similar but I think a little more rounded than that. 

wasn't the Dumble based off a Fender design anyway ? Howard used to work for them after all

Entirely possible - and it is not without precedent. Jim Marshall and the Fender Bassman and maybe early Mesa Boogies being influenced by Fender designs as well - though happy to be corrected on that.