Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Factory Presets... old vs new

mileskb

So I was thinking...  while completely unnecessary,  of combining back in some of the deleted Factory presets.   

I actually find scrolling through them inspiring.  

I guess my thinking is.. why not.   But it also begs the why were the taken out question.   It's not like there isn't enough room.  I thought some of the removed ones were kinda nice..

Discuss...???

As far as why to take some out, my best guess is Line 6 are trying to stick with no more than three banks of factory presets. Helix has eight banks, but I already use at least four set lists for my own: Guitar, Bass, Downloads, Church. I appreciate that I don't have to delete or overwrite a bunch of factory sounds to do it.

In case you're counting, that still leaves me with one open bank. I name that one FACTORY OLD where I put all the deleted factory presets from 2.10 and previous updates. I'll be good until they amass more than 128 deleted presets and then I'll be scratching my head for what to do next.

As a brand new Helix owner, with a factory new Helix containing 1.06.5 firmware planning on installing 2.10 today or tomorrow, what is the procedure to install the two old deleted factory Preset groups after extracting (unzipping) the two downloaded zip file from your site?

I will have to throw this out there though... I believe the factory presets have been tweaked a bit in the latest firmware... scrolling through them tonight I am finding some of the old ones that I would not give the time of day sounding pretty sweet...

I spot checked about 20 presets from previous to current firmware (using a differ) and the only "changes" are the additional tracking for expression pedals. There were zero parameter tweaks.

While there may be zero parameter tweaks, Improvements in other area's of the device "could" have an effect on tone.  I noticed things sounded better after the 1st update last year...   I'm sure they are constantly tweaking the algorithms and such.

CS is in the process of collecting all the old presets and uploading them to CustomTone. There will probably be a knowledge base article with links.

This could be an outstandingly awesome resource tool! Particularly for those of us new to the HELIX world learning what the gear can do.

CS is in the process of collecting all the old presets and uploading them to CustomTone. There will probably be a knowledge base article with links.

Great to hear D I  awesome work with the new 2.10 update, love the new Litigator Line 6 original amp model it has a great Dumble tone best I've heard yet!  And not to mention the Stupor Boss SD-1 Overdrive pedal. is smokin hot!