Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any suggestions for acoustic hiss in Spider V?

satyrnicus

Greetings compadres!

I picked up a Spider V 120 and its tons of fun, but I'm having an issue someone else may have already figured out.

I play in a covers band and love the flexibility of the Spider, but when I switch to my Taylor 314 acoustic, I can't seem to tune out a gnarly hiss from any of my acoustic settings.

Anyone have any suggestions on which parameters I should adjust? Any templates other people made that you found work well for acoustics?

Many thanks and model on,

RS

What pickup system do you have on your Taylor - the ES1 or ES2?   The ES1.3 uses a balanced signal (TRS connection).  If that's what you have and you are using a standard TS-TS guitar cable that may be the issue - you could try using a TRS-XLR cable (that's what I use to plug straight into a PA) with an XLR-TS converter/adapter, which is what I use when I want to plug my Taylor into a stompbox.