Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L2t or L3t - buying advice requested

Recently picked up a Helix and am beginning to step out into the performing world again after being a home studio hermit for a few years. May be playing some solo gigs as well as with a small band I've been working with. 

I'm interested in thoughts on which of these stagesource models would be my best bet, the L2t or L3t. Looking for something to effectively be my "amp" in the band scenario and my PA for the small solo gigs. Would the extra price be worth it for the L3t based on what I'm looking to do, or is the L2t enough of what I need? 

Thanks for any info/advice. 

I suggest you factor the size/weight difference and perhaps your age into your decision too, especially if you are the one going to be hauling it.

The L3t will provide superior sound because of its extra speaker. No question about that. Is that worth the extra $$ and physiotherapy? Only you can answer that. From what I've heard (I don't own one) the L2t gives a very good sound too.

Here's a suggestion. Start with the L2. If you find it lacking and you have a strong back sell it (or use it as your stage monitor) and get the L3.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the help on this. Went ahead and purchased the L2t and am awaiting its arrival. 

One other question, though. Looking to mount this on a stand. Is there a particular model of PA stand that works best for the L2t, or would any work (as long as it supports the weight)? Strangely having problems finding any specific recommendations on Google. 

Thanks again.