Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M20d - Spectrum Analyser?

Hi Guys,

I've got a few of our band's songs recorded on my M20d ('inputs and main mix' on my SD card), and when I'm sitting at home using them to soundcheck our Nexo gig PA, I notice that, whenever a channel has audio recorded, if there's signal present, there's a realtime spectrum analyser wave jumping around on the screen in behind the settings, when I'm in the deep tweak section of the 6 band EQ setting. This is on my vocal mic channel, as I'm trying to tweak the sound of it. Is this just for display purposes of what realtime frequencies are firing, or is there some tangible/operational way it can be utilised to improve sound?

It is a real time display of what that channel has going through it which you can match to the eq curve - it can be useful if there is an annoying resonance that you need to cut or to see how much unnecessary bass / mud frequencies are present, but most "proper" sound engineers will just use their ears.

Other than that it does look quite pretty.

It doesn't appear when using an iPad as a remote control because it is too much data to pass in real time

• Upvote 1

It is a real time display of what that channel has going through it which you can match to the eq curve - it can be useful if there is an annoying resonance that you need to cut or to see how much unnecessary bass / mud frequencies are present..

Thanks mate. So in other words, it's just a graphical response, not accessible in any way other than realtime tweaking a few eq hz?