Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can someone confirm 8 scenes multi-color ring LED bug for me? (2.10)

markus506

So, I posted a bug in the bug thread, regarding having 8 snapshots, and changing the LED footswitch rings to different colors. When I change the display settings for the rings to 'off/bright' from 'dim/bright' the bottom 4 snapshot rings go out (if none are active) but the top 4 stay dim (none are active). I made a brand new patch as well, and I get the same results. I had submitted a ticket, but I got a response that they were not able to reproduce the issue.

Note that in stomp mode, the 'off/bright' setting works fine, and all 10 of the stomp switches I use will go out (if none are active). I'm a bit stumped by this, and was hoping someone could take a minute to either confirm or refute my findings.

Thanks,

Mark

Regardless of the dim/bright of off/bright setting, snapshot leds are always off, except for the one which is selected. At least that's how it works on mine.

There is a new setting in 2.10 that allows you to set the switch LED ring colors similar to stomp mode.

There is a new setting in 2.10 that allows you to set the switch LED ring colors similar to stomp mode.

Ok. I see the new feature now. And I can confirm the behavior you observed. Bottom row works fine with the off/dim setting, but the top row doesn't.

Yes, I was just about to post on the forum about this but found this post.  I can confirm that if you set the buttons/switches to 8 snapshots, off/bright for the LED Ring brightness and then go in and resave a different color for each switch you will get the bottom row off and then the top row dimmed to whatever color you set it to.  If you change them all back to auto they will all be off/bright as expected.  Seems like a pretty simple bug to miss since snapshot LED colors was a new feature.  I think the test plan should've included testing global setting options.

Did you ever hear back again after pointing them to this thread?  This definitely reproduces so hopefully they look into it more.

No, I haven't heard anything yet. I am hoping that support will view this thread, and be able to reproduce, because it's a pretty obvious issue.