Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm an idiot... I backed up the whole bundle

Jalvz

And when I restored I lost the new presets, templates, etc.

Am I missing out on something ?

Are the factory setlists available somewhere ?

Thanks

J

Bummer ;)

You get the factory presets back by performing a reset - holding down the two middle footswitches on the lower row. Just backup your own presets first, then reset and finally import your own presets.

Agree with everyone else here. I backup all my setlists and presets, twice! I also backup my IRs. Copying or better yet backing them up to a second PC is a good idea also. Sooner or later someone is going to have their PC crap out during an upgrade, just Murphy's Law at work.  That second PC backup is going to be looking really good to them, especially if you have years worth of presets. I also backup the bundle just for an extra level of redundancy but I never use it for a restore. 

• Upvote 1

I don't see the need to back up IRs. They are already individual files on your computer. That's the only way they got into Helix in the first place.

True, if you are organized you should be able to recover them from your original downloads. That brings up an interesting question I have wondered about when restoring IRs. Many IRs that folks download are not in the Helix's 'native' format but are converted when first loaded to the Helix. It may not matter but I have ruminated on that fact when restoring 'backed up' IRs. Do they get converted again or do they load as is once they have undergone the initial conversion process from their first load?

Agree with everyone else here. I backup all my setlists and presets, twice! I also backup my IRs. Copying or better yet backing them up to a second PC is a good idea also. Sooner or later someone is going to have their PC crap out during an upgrade, just Murphy's Law at work.  That second PC backup is going to be looking really good to them, especially if you have years worth of presets. I also backup the bundle just for an extra level of redundancy but I never use it for a restore. 

This is a good point.

I will have mine backed up to the same external HDD that I keep all my DAW, music, and project files on.  Then I plan on getting an external HDD to be a back up, of the already existing external HDD.   May even be smart to keep them at two different locations, but not too far from each other.

I don't see the need to back up IRs. They are already individual files on your computer. That's the only way they got into Helix in the first place.

I guess that is true if they are organized there like HonestOpinion posted above.  However I would still keep them in with the back up of my other music files.  On that aspect I find it better to be safe than sorry.