Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hasn't Line 6 learned?

isdirg1

The presets that I created did not change tone at all from the upgrade. either you have done something very different than what I do in my presets or you have not gone back to your global settings and adjusted them from the defaults that were loaded after the mandatory reset with switches 9 and 10, or you did put your IRs back in the proper location.

Would you upgrade Windows on your computer the night before a big presentation? The Helix is basically a computer running software, treat it like one.

-Max

• Upvote 1

The thing is, even if you are gigging every night and want to take the position that there is never a good time to update, I would argue that if this is where you're at, you are a fool to update week one after a major release, period.  Bugs are almost always par for the course, and even though engineers try to test every foreseeable angle, it isn't until software hits the wild that every angle gets uncovered.

So, if you are that dependent on a reliable rig, then don't be a fool and take the plunge on a major update week one.  Wait until the release has been in the wild for at least a few weeks and monitor what other users are experiencing.  This is remedial wisdom in the digital age.

• Upvote 1

The thing is, even if you are gigging every night and want to take the position that there is never a good time to update, I would argue that if this is where you're at, you are a fool to update week one after a major release, period.  Bugs are almost always par for the course, and even though engineers try to test every foreseeable angle, it isn't until software hits the wild that every angle gets uncovered.

So, if you are that dependent on a reliable rig, then don't be a fool and take the plunge on a major update week one.  Wait until the release has been in the wild for at least a few weeks and monitor what other users are experiencing.  This is remedial wisdom in the digital age.

Exactly...

No one is making people do the update. If you're touring or whatever, why mess with something that's working the way you need it to?

Honestly, if I were playing out a lot, I probably wouldn't update right away. Back in the day when I was playing out quite a lot with the PODxt, I put off updating for months just because I was busy and my stuff was working the way I needed it to. So why bother with it? Professional musicians make the best out of the tools at their disposal. They don't generally spend their time whining on forums.

• Upvote 1