Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Editor Not Fully Updating w/ 2.10

specracer986

My Helix floor unit updated the firmware correctly, and my editor shows 2.10. But when I opened the new amp patches for the "Line 6 Litigator" and Archtype Clean and Archtype Lead, the amp blocks are empty in the editor. If I try to add an amp to that block, the new amps are not available as an option. On the floor unit the amp blocks show the correct amp and they are available in the amp list as an option. The patches seem to work fine, so it appears that the editor didn't update fully. Since the amp blocks are empty, I can't edit the amps with the editor. 

I didn't think to look for the new od pedal, to see if it was available as an option. The unit is at my office, so I'll have to check tomorrow for the pedal.

I used the Line 6 Updater, so I assumed I was getting both. The editor shows version 2.10. Should I try loading the editor separately? Should I not have the Helix floor unit connected when I do? I'd hate to have to redo my IR list again.

Yes, you need to download and install the new 2.10 version of the Editor. Also make sure you follow the install instructions by doing a global reset after your firmware update. Hopefully you took backups with your prior version of the firmware.

Yes, you need to download and install the new 2.10 version of the Editor. Also make sure you follow the install instructions by doing a global reset after your firmware update. Hopefully you took backups with your prior version of the firmware.

This.

i did exactly the same, updated the updater, updated the firm ware, but didnt update the editor, i had the new amps and fx showing on my helix but not on the editor, 

updated the editor and everything works fine, 

easy mistake to make, 

Thanks for the replies. I'll attempt to fix this later today. But I'm still confused about one thing. Can I update the editor without doing another firmware update to the floor unit? Or, do I have to do the firmware again and rebuild my IR's again?

When I go in to the thread pinned to the top of this forum that says Latest Helix Editor (2.10), and click on the provided link, it takes me to a page that says there is no archived software available. The beta section has a link for version 1.11. There has to be an easier way to organize this update procedure.

Thanks for the replies. I'll attempt to fix this later today. But I'm still confused about one thing. Can I update the editor without doing another firmware update to the floor unit? Or, do I have to do the firmware again and rebuild my IR's again?

When I go in to the thread pinned to the top of this forum that says Latest Helix Editor (2.10), and click on the provided link, it takes me to a page that says there is no archived software available. The beta section has a link for version 1.11. There has to be an easier way to organize this update procedure.

You should be fine if you already did the firmware update and global reset, you just need to download and install the 2.10 version of the Helix app. It is very important to do the global reset after a firmware update or you are asking for potential problems down the road. If you already went through that process (firmware upgrade, global reset) and you are installing the latest software on your PC after the fact, then you should not need to do the global reset or have to load your presets/IRs again.  Next time you upgrade: do your backups, download and install the new software, and only then do your firmware upgrade and follow it with a global reset, and the restore of your backups.

A lot of people here prepend the name of the IR with the number of the slot they keep it in. Another method is to take a screenshot so you can reconstruct the list after a reset. This area of the upgrade process could definitely bear improvement.

.... Can I update the editor without doing another firmware update to the floor unit? Or, do I have to do the firmware again and rebuild my IR's again?..

Yes. To be completely sure that this does not affect your Helix device I would leave it disconnected while you download and reinstall the editor. No need for another device global reset.

When downloading the editor I would reinstall the latest versions of the driver and Line 6 Updater too. No harm done there.

Before doing anything I would confirm the firmware version that is installed on your device. Again, disconnected from the PC, hit the Menu button on the Helix device and select Global Settings. In the top right hand corner of the display you should see Firmware Version 2.10.0 followed by a series of alphanumerics that might be different for the floor and rack versions - don't worry about that.  If you see v1.10.0 then proceed with the Edit download and installation. If you don't see that then something went wrong in the firmware update and you may be running incompatible versions of firmware and editor. Reinstall the firmware using Line 6 Updater after doing the above.