Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.10 Loses USB Connectivity

wcmexbm

v2.10 Loses Usb connectivity at random intervals and once it does it will no longer see it. I have to plug it into a new usb port for it to recognize the Helix (and only maybe, even then).

At which point it drops the connection again. Which means I cant use the Helix editor.

I waited to purchase Helix until there was a P.C. editor for it, no way am I going to bend over to edit this thing. I don't like food spilling out of my stomach into my mouth (and thats not a joke).

Hmmm... I suggest you open a support ticket to work directly with Line 6 tech support. I know you also had significant difficulty with the update though I believe you were able to get it installed eventually. Together these things suggest there might be something in your PC environment that is causing USB or other conflicts.

Meantime you might try disabling all other USB devices on your computer and trying the Helix editor as the only device connected. If that works OK then begin adding back the other devices until you find the conflicting device. I would do full restart on both your computer and Helix before starting this process.

I too would recommend opening up a support ticket. Sounds like this could be more an issue with a conflict or something with your particular system than a Helix issue. Over the last few days, I've actually left my Helix powered up connected to my computer almost non-stop with the editor open, and I've not had it drop the connection once, even when I've left it connected overnight.