Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Silkscreen Quality

still_fiddlin

This is why I won't be buying an HD 500X anytime soon.

podwear.jpg

(Yes, it only says "HONES", too.)

This is about 2 1/2 years of once per week toting back and forth to church in a case.  What's rubbing against it?  A MANILLA FOLDER, for cryin' out loud!   Note that the plastic over the LCD window hasn't rubbed off...

A little more time spent on making these things roadworthy would be appreciated.  Fortunately, I can still remember what the jacks on the back are for, but in another year or 2, probably not...

Paper can actually be pretty abrasive... And a manilla folder actually does have some grit. I had a guitar that was shipped with a bunch of paperwork in an envelope in bottom of the case, and it was enough to cause some noticeable wear on the back of the guitar. You have to figure it's like a very fine grain sand paper.

My HD500 is 2 years old now, has about a hundred gigs on it, several thousand Kms of traveled roads, and... not a scratch on the surface!
I guess it depends on how you treat your gear. I'm always on a tight budget, so I try to protect my investments the best I can.

Perhaps get some type of clear tape, contact paper or sticky laminating something-or-other to place over these graphics so they don't rub off anymore.  Granted, it's not a great solution, but it's worth a shot.

Or don't put abrasive paper on top of the HD400 when transporting it...

I've had my HD500 for almost three years now, and the printing looks pretty like it did when I bought. But if you have something like paper rubbing against one spot for a long time, it will scratch it. Have you had a CD case in your car for a long time? If you have the case stored vertically, over time the insert will scratch up the inside of the jewel case. It acts like sandpaper.

My pedals and guitars are tools for me, I throw them if I get a mood, but my Hd and Boss GT are imaculate, even travelling gig to gig, ironically just bought a soft Gator case which fits my GT and HD...ha ha Axe FX 2 though is in nuclear proof case..should be at money it cost. Get a soft Gator case mate, mine was about £20

Well, I have a soft Gator case, but it doesn't have a big enough side pocket for everything, and in particular, not big enough for charts.  But, I just spent some quality time with my Dymo labeler and have labels on there that should last another year, anyway.

I sometimes get barely 5 minutes to carry in and get everything set up and sound checked.  My eyes aren't perfect anymore, and my knees less so.  No labels left on the POD mean I can't have any spare church kid plug me up, so I'm spending time (on *my* knees) messing around with this thing instead of tuning and making sure it's not having one of its "let's cycle opto-trem in and out randomly" days, or whatever else might mean zero time to even tune before it's off to the races.  Sunday was one of those days, and so this pissed me off.

Now, is this a "good" reason to not buy a new HD 500X?  Probably not, but it annoys me that they don't just put something more "road-worthy" in such an exposed place.  So, I say, spend another 25 cents, Line 6, and use better paint.  And if they don't, hey, it's my money.

• Downvote 1