Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Editor not seeing Helix

rvroberts

Hi All,

I'm still running Helix firmware and software 2.0.

That's because I don't want to go through all the fiddling I will need to do when I move to 2.10.

If it ain't broke................After Xmas for that update I think - gigs and things in the way for now.

I can connect the Helix to my Laptop - Mac Powerbook (OSX 10.11) - everything works fine (yes, Helix editor 2.00.1)

However when I connect it to my Workstation iMac (OS Sierra) - the editor (yes 2.00.1) does not see the Helix (Helix device not connected)

Now if I open GarageBand on that same iMac, I get full Audio interface from the Helix - so I can record and I hear everything through the Helix Headphones - and I assume through the XLRs if I had anything connected!

So clearly my mac audio see the Helix - just not the Helix app??

Tried a few USB ports just in case....................

Any suggestions - I get by with the laptop - but it's another thing on a crowded desktop and I like the big screen!!

Hi All,

I'm still running Helix firmware and software 2.0.

I can connect the Helix to my Laptop - Mac Powerbook (OSX 10.11) - everything works fine (yes, Helix editor 2.00.1)

However when I connect it to my Workstation iMac (OS Sierra) - the editor (yes 2.00.1) does not see the Helix (Helix device not connected)

The problem may be that it appears from your post that you have the 2.0 version of the firmware on your Helix but the 2.01 version of the Editor on your MAC. If that is indeed the case and you have the 2.0 version of the firmware on the Helix (NOT 2.01) I would download and install the 2.0 (NOT 2.01) version of the Helix app and let it install the 2.0 version of the Updater, Editor, and Driver to your Mac. This may or may not solve your issue but is definitely the right place to start. Often it is not a bad idea to actually uninstall your current version of the Helix software on the Mac before reinstalling the appropriate version.

HonestOpinion, No, I make every effort to say that I am running exactly the same version of the editor on both machines. Version 2.00.1 is version 2.0 - if you were to open 2.0 editor and look at the about file, you will see its actually called 2.00.1.

Thanks,

I wish it were that simple.

HonestOpinion, No, I make every effort to say that I am running exactly the same version of the editor on both machines. Version 2.00.1 is version 2.0 - if you were to open 2.0 editor and look at the about file, you will see its actually called 2.00.1.

Thanks,

I wish it were that simple.

Gotcha, I never noticed a '1' in the subversion name on the 2.0 Editor although I had the Windows, not the Mac version, not sure if that made any difference. Just wanted to make sure you had matching firmware/Editor versions as there was both a 2.0 and a 2.01 version. Anyway the important thing here is you appear to have the correct version of the Editor for your firmware. Maybe you will have better luck with the next firmware/Editor. I would wait until they get some of the bugs worked out first though. Looks like PeterHamm's suggestion of trying a powered USB hub might be worth a shot as well.  Good luck getting this sussed out!  :)

• 1 month later...

FYI:  

I was having routine connection difficulties between Helix Editor on both a desktop and laptop Mac.  Today I updated to the latest Helix Editor and firmware (2.11).  

This DEFINITIVELY seems to have resolved my connection problems.  This morning my Mac and Helix would disconnect every 3-4 minutes.   This afternoon after the upgrade I've left it connected for the last several hours and its been perfect.  

Only one short bit of testing but its already 1000000% percent improved. 

Good luck

Fabian

I jumped the gun on this.  The update has made the connection to my Mac Air laptop stable.  However, on my older iMac desktop, it still disconnects randomly.  The only significant difference I see is that my Mac Air has USB 3.0 vs the iMac which has USB 2.0 only. 

Frustrating as hell.   Line 6 support gave me a response to take the unit in....as in its a  hardware problem.  That seems very unlikely to me.  

F