Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.10 Editor not showing input block parameters???

CBTL

Iv updated my helix and editor and done all the global resets. I always have the input block set to variax. Now when I click on the input block all the usual parameters are there but incorrect guitar is also there. Regardless of whether I select a snapshot from editir or from the unit all but the input gate disappears from editor and the input shows none? It is however correct in the unit! Can anyone help, I do all my editing from editor 😭

That does seem to be the case, especially for Variax parameters. Click another block, then click back to the input block. You should see all the parameters.

I have also had the problem with the wrong Variax model being picked. What I found is changing the input block to guitar, then back to Variax and re-doing the parameters seems to fix the problem for me. I think doing this in the patch fixes all the snapshots too.

I think there's something that didn't get migrated properly for patches with Variax inputs in 2.10. I would suggest redoing those patches by changing the input block to something else, then back to Variax to restore the patch.

Note too that the global reset after the firmware update resets the Variax parameter to Global. You need to reset it to Preset if you want to store and use Variax settings on a preset basis. I don't think this affects what is described here but it could contribute to the overall performance of Varia parameters.

So is this a bug that needs to be reported to Line 6? Iv also noticed that my variax has defaulted to the mag pickups! It's a complete pain, I really don't have the time go through every snapshot and redo the guitars 😕

Not variax guy, but does that global settings change really mean it suddenly ignores existing settings in each preset? If so, it seems pretty lame to have it change after an upgrade, and also like you might get your per-preset settings back if you put back the global.

Iv tried a few of the suggestions. Clicking on a different block and then back on the input block certainly brings back the parameters but it shows the wrong guitar model (the correct one is indeed selected on the unit) it's like the unit and edit are not talking to each other regarding the input block. I have always had it set to global as this is what i was told to have the guitars change per snapshot. I will attemp to open a support ticket.

Same here. Switching patches do not preserve the status of the Variax when last saved (on or off or even the model that was saved) and also, when switching snapshots, the input block in the editor disappears, but it is correct on the Helix.

Same here. Switching patches do not preserve the status of the Variax when last saved (on or off or even the model that was saved) and also, when switching snapshots, the input block in the editor disappears, but it is correct on the Helix.

I have created a support ticket. It would seem something is a miss with the new editor and FW2.10 intergration.

It also seems that the global reset changes the "Per Preset" Variax Settings (2nd page of input block) back to "Global". If this is a glocal setting, it does not belong within the patch settings as this means there is a patch setting that gets overwritten when you do a global reset, *even after restoring the setlist*!. This setting belongs in the "Global Settings" Menu, under either "Preferences" or "Ins/Outs". What makes me think this is a global setting is that once I changed it on one patch and saved it, it also updated on all other patches.

So I set that entry back to "Per Preset" on the first patch that I fixed, then checked the rest and most were where they should be, except for one, I think, that had the "Custom 1" entry changed to "Lester 1" for some reason. After I fixed the entry and resaved the patches, they all went back to turning Variax on/off per preset as I used to have it.

It also seems that the global reset changes the "Per Preset" Variax Settings (2nd page of input block) back to "Global". If this is a glocal setting, it does not belong within the patch settings as this means there is a patch setting that gets overwritten when you do a global reset, *even after restoring the setlist*!. This setting belongs in the "Global Settings" Menu, under either "Preferences" or "Ins/Outs". What makes me think this is a global setting is that once I changed it on one patch and saved it, it also updated on all other patches.

So I set that entry back to "Per Preset" on the first patch that I fixed, then checked the rest and most were where they should be, except for one, I think, that had the "Custom 1" entry changed to "Lester 1" for some reason. After I fixed the entry and resaved the patches, they all went back to turning Variax on/off per preset as I used to have it.

I think I remember seeing similar behavior to this in the last firmware version.

I think I remember seeing similar behavior to this in the last firmware version.

I think I did too (or at least I remember odd behavior on that particular setting), it's just that it's been (soooo) long since the last FW update that I might've forgotten all about it.  ;-)

j/k L6 folks, I would very much rather wait an extra week or two for more thorough testing, than having to deal with weird issues

Have all the parameters come back on editor?

Have all the parameters come back on editor?

No, the input block parameters are only visible when I switch patches, but once make my first snapshot change, the input block disappears again in the editor, though it is still visible on the Helix itself.

After the input block disappears in the editor, if I switch to another patch, it comes back. It also comes back if I use the Helix's cursor to move one block to the right then back to the left (back to the input block), as if a refresh of the block would make it re-appear on the editor. I guess this could be a temp workaround until L6 releases a fix.

No, the input block parameters are only visible when I switch patches, but once make my first snapshot change, the input block disappears again in the editor, though it is still visible on the Helix itself.

After the input block disappears in the editor, if I switch to another patch, it comes back. It also comes back if I use the Helix's cursor to move one block to the right then back to the left (back to the input block), as if a refresh of the block would make it re-appear on the editor. I guess this could be a temp workaround until L6 releases a fix.

It's really messing with my feng shui 😋