Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Exporting and Importing failing in 2.10

jman64

I mentioned in another thread that I have had issues importing some of my patches since the 2.10 update. It seems now like everything I export and try to import fails retain any information for path 2. It comes in blank every time on patches I've created.

The part I don't understand is that some other old patches come in fine with the information in the second path retained. I have the boutique amp pack from Glenn Delaune that imports fine. However my patches prior to 2.10 do not import correctly. ( They did import correctly before this update.) 

My current workflow is to create and modify my patches in one user setlist, and then when I'm happy with them, I move the final in to my "live" setlist for playing out with my band. However now I can not "move" any patches because the export import function is broken. The only way I can get a patch transferred is to manually copy it block by block across setlists, and reconfigure the footswitches. So in this update the Helix has gone form a fantastic tool, to one that is now very inconvenient to work with.

While I could go into detail about the patches I'm trying to export and import the common bond is that path two is always blank upon import. I haven't worked with snapshots yet so I don't believe it's related to them. I have some IR's loaded in these patches, but the bank they are in has remained constant from creation to export to failed import.

I'm running on Windows 7 pro 64bit and both my Helix floor unit and the editor show version 2.10

I do something similar. Are your work area and live setlists both loaded at the same time? If so, just load a patch from your work area, then Save, and choose the live setlist as the destination.

Not that this situation is ideal, it's clearly not, just as a workaround until this all gets sorted.

I think I suggested in another thread that you open a support ticket with Line 6. Have you done so? It probably won't lead to an immediate solution but it will be useful for debugging purposes.

What I have read/seen about this since the update leads me to believe that there's a specific feature (or more than one) about these failing presets that characterizes them in some way, whether it's a specific amp/FX block, or Y-split block, or other routing configuration, etc. But something specific to certain presets is the culprit. Line 6 may need to get copies of the presets from you for examination.

You say that you are now manually copying presets block by block. If you want to diagnose your own situation further I suggest that after you add each new block to the preset you attempt to export/import it. At some point, if you're lucky this procedure will fail and you will perhaps have identified the elusive preset characteristic causing it.

I do something similar. Are your work area and live setlists both loaded at the same time? If so, just load a patch from your work area, then Save, and choose the live setlist as the destination.

Not that this situation is ideal, it's clearly not, just as a workaround until this all gets sorted.

Thanks for the tip, I totally missed that functionality in the save screen. That certainly helps things.

I think I suggested in another thread that you open a support ticket with Line 6. Have you done so? It probably won't lead to an immediate solution but it will be useful for debugging purposes.

What I have read/seen about this since the update leads me to believe that there's a specific feature (or more than one) about these failing presets that characterizes them in some way, whether it's a specific amp/FX block, or Y-split block, or other routing configuration, etc. But something specific to certain presets is the culprit. Line 6 may need to get copies of the presets from you for examination.

You say that you are now manually copying presets block by block. If you want to diagnose your own situation further I suggest that after you add each new block to the preset you attempt to export/import it. At some point, if you're lucky this procedure will fail and you will perhaps have identified the elusive preset characteristic causing it.

I have opened a ticket, and Gear Heads tip got me back to a reasonable work around.

I mentioned in another thread that I have had issues importing some of my patches since the 2.10 update. It seems now like everything I export and try to import fails retain any information for path 2. It comes in blank every time on patches I've created.

The part I don't understand is that some other old patches come in fine with the information in the second path retained. I have the boutique amp pack from Glenn Delaune that imports fine. However my patches prior to 2.10 do not import correctly. ( They did import correctly before this update.) 

My current workflow is to create and modify my patches in one user setlist, and then when I'm happy with them, I move the final in to my "live" setlist for playing out with my band. However now I can not "move" any patches because the export import function is broken. The only way I can get a patch transferred is to manually copy it block by block across setlists, and reconfigure the footswitches. So in this update the Helix has gone form a fantastic tool, to one that is now very inconvenient to work with.

While I could go into detail about the patches I'm trying to export and import the common bond is that path two is always blank upon import. I haven't worked with snapshots yet so I don't believe it's related to them. I have some IR's loaded in these patches, but the bank they are in has remained constant from creation to export to failed import.

I'm running on Windows 7 pro 64bit and both my Helix floor unit and the editor show version 2.10

Just in case no on has mentioned it, did you do the global reset (FS 9&10) after upgrading your firmware?

Got this response today from Line 6,

"Hi, I'm sorry about the trouble with your Helix. This is most likely a bug that we're currently looking into. I'll keep this ticket open and let you know when I have an update.
Thanks, Will - Line 6 Support"

Another email from them,

"Hello jman64. Your Line 6 Support Ticket was updated with the following message:

Hi,
I want to check something, can you please roll your Helix back to v2.01 and re import your saved bundle/presets.  Let me know if those are corrupted in any way."

The problem is that I can't re import any of the presets I've made since updating to 2.10, so this request is basically asking me to wipe everything I've done so far in 2.10, and go back to 2.01 to see if those work. With a show coming up this weekend, this doesn't seem practical for me.

It's interesting that they think older firmware should be able to handle exports from 2.10. Obviously it won't recognize the newer amps and stomp, but I guess they think it'll be OK with entire new sections of data, like the new expression pedal, bypass, and switch color settings.

Interesting.

It's interesting that they think older firmware should be able to handle exports from 2.10. Obviously it won't recognize the newer amps and stomp, but I guess they think it'll be OK with entire new sections of data, like the new expression pedal, bypass, and switch color settings.

Interesting.

I think what support was saying is they wanted him to roll back to the 2.01 firmware and re-import his old stored backups from 2.01 and see if they were working properly there. He could then export again or use his old 2.01 backups, upgrade the firmware back to the 2.10 version, and restore his 2.01 backups. I don't believe they were trying to get him to load 2.10 backups into 2.01 firmware.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I got this response in email today. Looks like a new update is on the way, hopefully with fixes.

"Hello jman64. Your Line 6 Support Ticket was updated with the following message:

Hi,
Thanks for your patience with this bug.  We have a fix and it will be released soon with a new firmware release.

Will - Line 6 Support

You can reply directly to this email and your response will be added to your ticket. If you have a file to send us, it must be attached via your ticket. To view your ticket, click here: http://line6.com/account/tickets/edit/289703

If you do not reply to the ticket within 14 days, it will automatically be closed. If it closes, you can open the ticket again by replying to it within 90 days.

- Line 6 Customer Service"