Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Difficulties updating Helix

Paulzx

I see the button, but when I click on it, I get the page of gobbedlygook as well. I was able to download the 2.01 version though. Strange.

Exactly this, you get the download icon and the accept disclaimer etc but rather than start a download process it just fills your screen with random code or letters etc

You never actually get the download process started

Exactly this, you get the download icon and the accept disclaimer etc but rather than start a download process it just fills your screen with random code or letters etc

You never actually get the download process started

What OS and browser are you using? It sounds as if it's trying to open the actual flash file rather than download it. Do you get to the page where you have the two links that say "DECLINE" and "ACCEPT AND DOWNLOAD"?

Well...I can confirm it is indeed a Microsoft Edge browser issue because it worked fine using google chrome browser

Annoyed now that I didn't think of that myself! Hopefully it will help others with this issue though.

The question now is do I risk trying to actually install this on my Helix!

Thanks

Well...I can confirm it is indeed a Microsoft Edge browser issue because it worked fine using google chrome browser

Annoyed now that I didn't think of that myself! Hopefully it will help others with this issue though.

The question now is do I risk trying to actually install this on my Helix!

Thanks

Strange, I was using Windows 10 64 bit and Internet Explorer 11, not Edge when it happened. I'm at work right now, but I'll try Chrome when I get home.

• 8 months later...

Having the exact same experience as OP.  Nothing like spending $1500 on a piece of equipment, following all the instructions provided to update, and immediately corrupting it.  And it's a Saturday so it seems line 6 customer service / tech support is not reachable.

Can't even get manual reset to work, or installing back to original version firmware.

Resolved this, had to try different computer usb ports.  Several ports later, the helix booted in update mode.  Everything worked as described.  Loving the helix after the initial annoyance.

Here was the answer emailed by customer support:

First, please try holding down footswitches 6 and 12 (the two on the right next to the expression pedal) while turning on the unit.  This will put the Helix into update mode.  Once it's booted up, try installing the latest firmware from this state.   If that doesn't work, please try the process again but instead boot up holding footswitches 9 and 10.
You can also try swapping out USB cables and try all available ports.  Sometimes just trying another computer can work as well.  Make sure you also have the latest version of Line 6 Updater which can be found here.