Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 300 Acoustic Steel

I have a Variax 300 Acoustic Steel that I bought used.  History, the person that owned it did not have the battery holder that houses the AA batteries.  Therefore, they used a 9 volt and finally someone tried to wire in a 9V plug to use with a power cable so that no battery / batteries were required.  I wanted to make it right so I purchased a JTV Variax Cable Power kit.  The guitar would work for about 10 seconds and then stop working.  I could pull the cord out and plug back in and it would work for 10 seconds and quit.

I took the guitar to an authorized Line 6 dealer in my area and he indicated the "board is fried".  The dealer indicated that this board cannot be purchased from Line 6 as it is no longer produced.  

I really like the guitar and still use it as is but I want to try to make it work as intended electrically.  Does anyone have a similar experience?  Any suggestions on where to find a replacement part (if it exists)?

Thanks,
Jim