Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So.. unless I've missed something, there's still no fix for the EXP pedal

iamgeorge

Is that right..?! 

Is there some fix for this yet?  I've read various threads on here and I haven't found anything that actually fixes this issue after updating to 2.1.

I’m using SNAPSHOTS, with my Helix floor unit à VHT power amp à 2x12 cab.  I’ve been using the expression pedal on my Helix floor unit purely as a volume exp pedal and now it just doesn’t work.

Any fixes yet?

Is that right..?! 

Is there some fix for this yet?  I've read various threads on here and I haven't found anything that actually fixes this issue after updating to 2.1.

I’m using SNAPSHOTS, with my Helix floor unit à VHT power amp à 2x12 cab.  I’ve been using the expression pedal on my Helix floor unit purely as a volume exp pedal and now it just doesn’t work.

Any fixes yet?

Not yet but reliable word has it that they are working on one hopefully to arrive shortly. I would not have expected it on the Monday following Thanksgiving. My guess is they are probably trying to fix some other minor bugs that were reported as well. Not to speak of the fact that the developers are still recovering from tryptophan poisoning. The temporary workaround is here: http://line6.com/support/topic/24048-fw-210-expression-pedal-question/page-1

The workaround here should fix it for now: http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/helix/pre-210-snapshot-presets-can-eliminate-exp-2-f-r844

You need to do this process for every snapshot. If you have the snapshot edit parameter in the Global Settings menu set to recall, you don't have to re-save after every snapshot, just after doing it for each snapshot in the preset.

Chuckle, I think Phil_m posted the official link to the fix as I was editing my post to include the unofficial one. A couple of tips that came out of the unofficial post are that you if have several presets to fix you can either use a screwdriver or a piece of aluminum foil to bridge the tip and collar of the cable's jack plugged into EXP 2. That way you don't have to keep plugging/unplugging it. Also make sure your 'Snapshot Edits' parameter in Global Settings --> Preferences is set to 'Recall' so you can save once for each preset. Otherwise you will have to save in between fixing each snapshot. You can set it back to 'Discard' after the fix if you prefer it that way.