Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M20d Ability to Record Some Inputs But Not Others?

Hi Guys,

I use my M20d mixer at gigs that go from just me and an acoustic guitar (so just 2 input channels), right up to a 6-piece band that utilizes all 18 input channels. I always just use the same scene that is all our 18 channels for the main band eq'd etc the way I like it, and I just plug my 2 solo channels in to my usual gt & vox channels. But when I record even just a solo gig using 2 channels only, all 18 channels are recorded by default, as that's what that scene uses. Is there a way I can switch off the other 16 channels from being recorded? My 32gb card fills up fast when 16 silent channels get recorded too for every song! I even tried muting the 16 channels individually, which of course made no difference. I'd rather not set up multiple scenes etc just for a few different gig sizes, as often I do solo songs during the full band gigs, but I presume that's the only way? 

Any suggs appreciated. Thanks very much.

It is as you suspect..

If an input channel has been defined, a recording is made of that channel regardless of its state.

The only solution, and it probably isn't a solution for you, is a separate "setup". Might work for your solo gigs, but I doubt it's an option for your expanding lineup gigs.

• Upvote 1