Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best speaker solution for Helix

Paulzx

I noticed my post just above. I was also using a TS210. After a year of rescrewing 3x trying to get rid of small rattles by sqeezing foam at strategic places. I bought 2x used DXR10. I must concede. These Yamaha's are in an other class AND heavier of course. They are amazing

• Upvote 1

I too am a big believer in Yamaha DXR series.  That's probably why I own 6 of them.  One at home for dialing in tones, one at the rehearsal space used for live performances, and three for stage monitors.  One is just sitting at home as a spare.  Yamaha should be paying me for promoting them!!!!  ;)

At home, i have a small acus one 8 amp. Great little amp, 200W, lightweight, really flat (image below).

For stage and rehearsals i use two Friedman ASM-12 (usually only one for rehearsals) : it's quite expensive (but less than an amp anyway), really heavy, but it has this amp in the room feel that i love (or just in my head cause it's written Friedman on it ;)

Before the Friedman i used some Atomic CLR, but the sound was too clear and clinical IMHO. Friedman are darker for sure but that's something you can handle easily with EQ....

one-8-front.jpg

• 2 years later...