Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Built in Mix Ready IR/"Mix Button" etc..

judsonmwall

This post was inspired by the Helix thread on TGP but I wanted to discuss and gauge interest on the idea of adding almost a built in mix eq curve ontop of the built in helix cabs..

Many talk about the helix having more of a "raw" sound that doesn't try to sugar coat its authenticity of the real deal. My understanding is the helix team wanted to replicate the real thing bar none.

I think this is a great approach for modeling and between the great EQ built in the helix I think it's pretty easy to refine the "raw" Helix sound and really tweak tones to ones liking.

This could be an arguement to why a "mix" EQ curve-or additional processing wouldn't be needed because we can already do it in the helix. Maybe time spent making a "mix" IR or mode would be better spent on other things.

That said I think it could be something pretty useful for wanting to get those sweet tones even faster and I feel like the Helix team could come up with some really cool voicing. There could even be multiple processing modes to give quick mix like settings and voicings.

I feel like most will say the Helix is fine with the built in EQ etc.. which I would agree with...but I still think it could be a feature that be handy and fun to use.

Either way I love the Helix, I love tweaking tones on it and I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions..

I think that'd be hard to accomplish due to the fact that each mix will have different EQ needs. I would treat a shimmery clean much differently than a ballz-to-the-wall metal tone.

This.  Period.

There are simply too many variables in doing a quality mix to consign to a one-button solution.  There's a reason why i have a dozen or so different eq's to reach for in my DAW - each one has it's strengths and flaws, as well as character.

=

I think that'd be hard to accomplish due to the fact that each mix will have different EQ needs. I would treat a shimmery clean much differently than a ballz-to-the-wall metal tone.

I 100% agree with you. That's why I think there could be multiple voicings and modes to filter through to find one that works for the sound you're after. There could also be a mix parameter to blend the processed and unprocessed signal. I think the main idea would for it to be a quick and easy way for people to get a polished sound.

Again I find the Helix so easy to use that I struggle to justify a feature like this because maybe it would be overkill...at the same time I do have a more the merrier mentality  :rolleyes: