Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New effect ideas?

telelover620

Autovolume, autovolume, and autovolume, with pick dynamics. Or better, a way to take the current volume block and make it auto, with pick dynamics. That would allow this feature to be applied to other blocks as well.

Filters: stuff from the HD, like obi wah, seeker, growler, voice box, maybe others.

For modulated reverb, you could kind of do that now by placing the reverb on a parallel path, set it's mix to 100%, place whatever modulation(s) after the reverb, and use the level controls in the merge block to achieve a good balance between dry signal and wet.

• Upvote 3

Autovolume, autovolume, and autovolume, with pick dynamics. Or better, a way to take the current volume block and make it auto, with pick dynamics. That would allow this feature to be applied to other blocks as well.

Can you elaborate on how this differs from a compressor?

Another vote for AutoVolume!!!  Not sure how this one was missed, frankly.  <_<  A staple for sure.  

These aren't effects per say but it would be a super-dream machine if...

We we're able to assign Envelopes (Input Level and/or Graphed) and LFOs as Controllers.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

This isn't an effect per say, but I'd love the ability to choose from different "curves" for the min/max controller assignments rather than just linear.  This would allow for better-sounding mix\cross-overs when using the pedal(s) to transition between effects. B)

We can dream.

• Upvote 2

I totally agree that auto volume needs to be brought back. I don't see why Line 6 didn't put it in right off the bat. I've thought about getting my m5 repaired just to get auto volume.

I see a trend here... auto volume needs a return(with picking dynamics) and some new verbs ( ethereal stuff, mods and what not)

Id love to have a reverb with chorus in the trails but it would be awesome if you could pick your mod. i.e. tremolo or vibrato in just the trails would be so killer.

Yeah, I wasn't really clear; i mean a delay with a sample reducer included !

(A separate sample rate reducer effect could be awesome too !! )

Huh? You can reduce the sample rate (and the bit rate) in be Vintage Delay.

Yeah, I just tried again the vintage digital delay, and the sample rate parameter sn't really  strong at all, even at low value like 8kHz

( This is an audio exemple of what i'm looking for ; check the bassline and the delay https://youtu.be/0yRuDICAW3c?t=2m12s !)

Have you tried putting a delay, probably just the simple delay, on a parallel path, 100% mix, and then the bit crusher distortion after the delay? Adjust the mix using the merge block's level parameters.

This is probably beyond a simple Helix effect, but some serious midi-type virtual instrument sounds (strings, organ, piano, percussion, etc.).  Magnetic pickup functionality would be great.  Variax integration would be fine.  Add-on pickup would be fine.  

With the Line 6-Yamaha union, I would have to think this is possible.

Electro-Harmonix B9 & C9 pedals do well with mags.

Roland does some nice mag-based stuff with the SY-300.  Even more with the add-on GK pickup and GR system.

Fishman Triple Play pickup system and computer-midi instrument integration is another good example.

Maybe these would be implemented more like amp models/blocks than effects models/blocks.

• Upvote 1

Have you tried putting a delay, probably just the simple delay, on a parallel path, 100% mix, and then the bit crusher distortion after the delay? Adjust the mix using the merge block's level parameters.

It worked perfectly ;)

The ring mod  can sound almost like a sample rate reducer anyway; ( works perfectly !)

Thanks !

This is probably beyond a simple Helix effect, but some serious midi-type virtual instrument sounds (strings, organ, piano, percussion, etc.).  Magnetic pickup functionality would be great.  Variax integration would be fine.  Add-on pickup would be fine.  

With the Line 6-Yamaha union, I would have to think this is possible.

Electro-Harmonix B9 & C9 pedals do well with mags.

Roland does some nice mag-based stuff with the SY-300.  Even more with the add-on GK pickup and GR system.

Fishman Triple Play pickup system and computer-midi instrument integration is another good example.

Maybe these would be implemented more like amp models/blocks than effects models/blocks.

Was just about to add something like this post myself, you read my mind. Would love to see some guitar-synth instruments, polyphonic would be awesome. But even if it has to be monophonic the ability to quickly dial up some basic orchestral/band instruments like flute, sax, piano, organ, harmonica, strings, didgeridoo ;) , etc.. would be towards the top of my list. Oh... and the Slow Gear (some kind of auto-volume). :)  Used to have one, can't believe I ever sold it.

Polyphonic Pitch shifting is the biggest one I'm missing.

Also some better synth effects. The filter section on the 3 OSC synth is a bit underwhelming. I'd rather just have a clean oscillator synth sounds, and I can run it through the other filters on the Helix in sequence. If those could be polyphonic that would be amazing too, but I have a feeling that's too big of a CPU suck.

Here's one we could probably program with footswitches and some trickiness. MWFX Judder Pedal and Glitch pedals

I vote for auto volume as well. Just make it super wide range, from very short to very long, maybe even a minute to reach full volume. That would essentially be enough for me to replicate the Internal Pedal System that I miss so much in the Boss GT series. I guess there would also have to be  a parameter that disengages the note triggering.

Here's the Ideascale submission: http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Automation/839282-23508

• 7 months later...

I need Voice Box patch from M9. I play several classic songs that require that patch. Please include it in the next download. Also, if Line 6 were to ever build a Helix type pedal with included vocal processing, that would be the ultimate do all. I bought the T.C. pedal that did that, and couldn't get rid of it soon enough. Loved the vocals and hated the guitar stuff. The Helix has brought pure joy to my playing.

SPACE ECHO ( BINSON too ? ) 

A FEEDBACKER 

And better reverbs ?   ( why not push the boat out and produce reverbs that are better than any competition ?  we have the DSP power - why not ? - license the best algorithms if necessary ) 

What would be mega - cool is if the effects in the HELIX rise to such a quality that other makers of mult-fx units and DSP-based pedals are forced to come out with copies of original HELIX effects !

I can't think of a good reason why HELIX effects couldn't be the best-in-class  possible for those effects that begin as DSP algorithms..  ( or analog for that matter )

I just replaced my whole pedalboard with LT. Got tired of all the patch cables and weird midi problems. I've had the LT for about 4 days now. Loving it more and more as I figure out how to use it. One thing I can't seem to find is a crystal clear multi-tap delay. The Eventide H9, which I sold, had the Space Time algo (among others) with a beautiful and clear delays that I miss. I hope something like that comes to Helix.

Please Line 6 guys, include the Korg Miku Stomp Vocaloid Stomp Guitar Effects Pedal in your next software release for the Helix. This is one of the coolest pedals of all time. For those that have never seen this in action please google it. I would die for this pedal to become available in the Helix.

• Upvote 1

Please Line 6 guys, include the Korg Miku Stomp Vocaloid Stomp Guitar Effects Pedal in your next software release for the Helix. This is one of the coolest pedals of all time. For those that have never seen this in action please google it. I would die for this pedal to become available in the Helix.

I don't see the Mikue stomp posted on ideascale. Ideascale is a great place to post and vote on ideas end users would like to see implemented in products. Just don't expect me to vote for the Miku ;) 

https://line6.ideascale.com/

• 1 year later...

I just upgraded from the Helix LT to the full Helix floor.  What I instantly miss is the "Performance View" in the main display.  Yes, the scribble strips tell me what each switch is for, but the visual of the colored box in the main display is much more preferable.

SURELY there's a way to incorporate this into a software upgrade for the Helix floor since this capability already exists on the LT model.  It could be just a simple additional push of the 'mode' switch/button to activate the performance view.

I guarantee everybody would LOVE this if they haven't experienced performance view.  Thanks for considering and look forward to this being in a future upgrade.

Well, lots of good ideas in this old thread.  For me the stuff I most hope for, in order of importance, are:

1. A polyphonic pitch shifter (basically a model of Digitech's most recent polyphonic whammy drop tune pedal). The HX currently mimics the really old one, but this one is far more valuable and impressive. If it doesn't happen at some point I won't be able to hold off any longer and I'll just up and buy one. Not the worst thing possible, I'll grant you.

2. Freeze pedal (akin to either the Electro Harmonix Freeze pedal or the superior Plus Pedal by Gamechanger Audio).  I own the Freeze pedal. I really like it. Thinking of getting the Plus Pedal ('SPENSIVE!). It seems like the HX could more than handle this, but only Line 6 knows for sure.

3. Original Effects - I really think the next step for modelers is to move BEYOND modeling - quit trying to be something of the past and be something new that can only be found in the digital realm. Line 6 has done this a few times and it's pretty cool when they do.

4. Copy some of the Electro Harmonix Mel9 effects. It has some small amount of this type of stuff, it would be cool (though not essential) to have more.

5. Drum machine practice pedals like the Digitech Trio. My guess is this is beyond the ability of the HX family, but hey, would still be cool.

I'm sure all of this as been submitted to ideascale at some point so I hunt through it sometimes and try to vote.