Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New effect ideas?

telelover620

2 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

3. Original Effects - I really think the next step for modelers is to move BEYOND modeling - quit trying to be something of the past and be something new that can only be found in the digital realm. Line 6 has done this a few times and it's pretty cool when they do.

Well, Line 6 has probably releases almost just as many original effects as modeled ones for the Helix... I haven't sat down and counted them all, but a lot of the modulations, delays and reverbs (well, all the reverbs) are Line 6 original creations. Part of the issue is you can't necessarily model a digital effect. It's not like they can tear apart a digital reverb pedal to model the components, because everything responsible for the effect is simply built into an algorithm.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 1:49 PM, mimicthefrench said:

As someone who does some pretty out there stuff with sounds, I would love to have an autofilter and/or a basic oscillator that could be used to control parameters of other effects. Imagine the possibilities!

It would be interesting if Line 6 hired someone with modular synthesizer modeling expertise who could do just that. Being able to route various parameters from one effect to another would be game changing stuff. I'm not sure hardware DSP is powerful enough yet for that sort of thing, though

I agree with a lot of these ideas, slow gear, ehx B9,C9,Key9,mel9,synth9.  I’m not suggesting everyone one of those ehx pedals... but just something that gets into the territory, we could add our own Leslie effects after, even run through an amp for more of a deep purple b3 sound.  But having jumped over to helix from GR-55 I’m missing some of those options.   I’m using the Glen DeLaune acoustic patch which I have tweaked for my guitar and pickups which works amazingly well, but I’d also be down with an acoustic simulator pedal, just for more options.   I think for straight up guitar tones ie; amps/effects/cabs, I can tweak my way into any sound I’m looking for so I don’t really care if they add anymore amp models, new models might make it easier as far as a jumping off point but I think the sounds are already in the box.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, litesnsirens said:

I agree with a lot of these ideas, slow gear, ehx B9,C9,Key9,mel9,synth9.  I’m not suggesting everyone one of those ehx pedals... but just something that gets into the territory, we could add our own Leslie effects after, even run through an amp for more of a deep purple b3 sound.  But having jumped over to helix from GR-55 I’m missing some of those options.   I’m using the Glen DeLaune acoustic patch which I have tweaked for my guitar and pickups which works amazingly well, but I’d also be down with an acoustic simulator pedal, just for more options.   I think for straight up guitar tones ie; amps/effects/cabs, I can tweak my way into any sound I’m looking for so I don’t really care if they add anymore amp models, new models might make it easier as far as a jumping off point but I think the sounds are already in the box.

Yeah, the bread and butter are more than well represented at this point.

• 1 year later...

I would love a delay with an envelope/attack shaper for the input signal. Similar to a swell delay but just "smearing" the very first attack of the notes. The result being a delay that isn't adding too much of a rhythmic quality by repeating all the attack transients.
In case someone's interested, I could post a sound example of this.

21 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

I would love a delay with an envelope/attack shaper for the input signal. Similar to a swell delay but just "smearing" the very first attack of the notes. The result being a delay that isn't adding too much of a rhythmic quality by repeating all the attack transients.
In case someone's interested, I could post a sound example of this.

Alexander,

This does exact effect you are seeking - check it out, buy one and put it in the send/return loop - plus, it's stereo!

51 minutes ago, datacommando said:

This does exact effect you are seeking - check it out, buy one and put it in the send/return loop - plus, it's stereo!

I know that one, fantastic delay. No offense, but I thought this thread was about FX we'd like to see inside the Helix. I mean, most others mentioned here are available already as well - so we could all add them to our gigantic pedalboards.
Anyway, for a start I'd even be fine with a refined swell block, offering lower attack times. Would have to sacrifice a parallel path for that setup, though.

1 hour ago, SaschaFranck said:

I know that one, fantastic delay. No offense, but I thought this thread was about FX we'd like to see inside the Helix. I mean, most others mentioned here are available already as well - so we could all add them to our gigantic pedalboards.
Anyway, for a start I'd even be fine with a refined swell block, offering lower attack times. Would have to sacrifice a parallel path for that setup, though.

Ah, OK, inside the Helix.

Well, in another thread on here, someone asked why all the reverbs and lot of the delays are Line 6 originals. I explained that including things similar to those created by Eventide and Strymon are very processor intensive. In fact so intensive that they use the equivalent of one of the DSPs in your Helix. With the Walrus Audio Mako units, even the name is a reference to the Sharc DSP which they use to create this complex FX box. That’s why Helix has Send/Return loops to patch in any processor heavy FX you like. It has been discussed at length on various threads.

You could try messing with the Helix Ducking Delay to emulate that soft attack you seek.

2 hours ago, datacommando said:

Well, in another thread on here, someone asked why all the reverbs and lot of the delays are Line 6 originals. I explained that including things similar to those created by Eventide and Strymon are very processor intensive. In fact so intensive that they use the equivalent of one of the DSPs in your Helix. With the Walrus Audio Mako units, even the name is a reference to the Sharc DSP which they use to create this complex FX box. That’s why Helix has Send/Return loops to patch in any processor heavy FX you like. It has been discussed at length on various threads.

Well, all it'd take was an additional enveloper - these usually aren't very CPU intensive. For test runs of such things I'm using the one coming with Logic and it's barely using any CPU.

You could try messing with the Helix Ducking Delay to emulate that soft attack you seek.

Did that already, it's quite a different thing. The repeats will still have the full transients of the attacks.

• Thanks 1

If I could have 10 effects/amps added these would be them. Also if you haven't already, join https://line6.ideascale.com/ and put in your Ideas. Tip: search for an idea you want, if you find it great vote for it, if what you want was asked for more than three years ago and doesn't have 50-100 votes then put another petition forward so more users can see it. end tip. TIP 2: Up vote my stuff! username is: theriseofpunkrock88  

here are some things I want (not in any kind of order)

1. Acoustic Simulater

2. The Other two channels for the "Rectifier" 

3.Marshall®️ Super Lead 100 with a Dookie mod like Billy Joe Armstrong's amp

4. PRS MT15 Mark Tremonti Sig amp / With PRS 4x12 Stealth cab

5. Greer Light speed

6. JHS Superbolt

7. JHS Bunrunner (both sides), now discontinued but a great 2 side fuzz

8. Electro-Harmonix Soul Food Transparent OD

9. Boss blues driver

10. MXRDD25 Green Day Dookie Drive Pedal

BONUS

All HX Stomp users are behind me, We need a usable looper.

and to be able to save loops would be nice

if we have a space for presets and IRS then we have space for audio saving (hopefully)

FS1 to return to the other effects

FS2 to overdub the loop (hold to stop the loop)

FS3 to delete the loop

for people who have an external 2 button FS

FS4 to bank down loops

FS5 to bnk up presets

I'm a simple man so I do not ask much and do not need to get them all at once:

1. Feedbacker (like FreqOut). Boss GT series had one and got used to it. They did mess it up with GT-8/10/100, cannot remember which one, dunno if it is included in GT-1000

2. Acoustic simulator, particularly nylon but steel as well.

3. Pick-up simulators

These not too gimmicky and as such they should not be too far from the conservative approach of Line6.

• Upvote 1

I really wish that a true modulated delay were available.  Instead of one with just a chorus on it. A true modulated delay would be a lot better and more natural sounding.  Better yet, If the LFO controlling the modulation had a random setting it would take away the mechanical nature of the chorus sounds.

• 10 months later...

Hello, I am very new to this forum and as I could not find a more fitting thread I would like to kindly ask for a new effect in a future update and it is reverse tape sounds effect, something to the likes Electro Harmonix Attack Decay. This effect can also do artificially short staccato notes and string bow effect. It's simply the one effect I miss in my stomp. Thanks in advance to the moderator who will deal with my inquity adequately. Kind regards.

1 hour ago, work6hxstomp said:

Hello, I am very new to this forum and as I could not find a more fitting thread I would like to kindly ask for a new effect in a future update and it is reverse tape sounds effect, something to the likes Electro Harmonix Attack Decay. This effect can also do artificially short staccato notes and string bow effect. It's simply the one effect I miss in my stomp. Thanks in advance to the moderator who will deal with my inquity adequately. Kind regards.

There is a delay called Reverse Delay. There's also an effect called Reverse in the Delay Legacy section. Have you tried either of those?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

i find it strange that for us bass players there is such a limited range of preamp pedals. the sansamp DI is a nice inclusion, but for some strange reason they made it version 1 which has NO

midrange controls, the most crucial eq area for bassists, which is why sansamp changed it to the better version 2. could we at least get the updated version 2?

• 1 month later...