Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using M13 - FX Loop Of 2 Amps / DUAL MONO

squirrel211

I have tried before to use the M13 as a dual mono box, and it didn't work for the R Input. 

Set up was:

Guitar --> ABY --> A/Amp1  --> FX Send --> L Input M13 --> L Output M13 --> FX Return

--> B/Amp2  --> FX Send --> R Input M13 --> R Output M13 --> FX Return

Amp1 worked, and also supplied effect to Amp 2 when used.

Amp2 didn't work at all.

Can I run a second ABY box, after the FX Sends from both amps, into the L Input of the M13 and leave the ABY box in the Y setting, assuming both amps' FX signals would be summed to the L Input on the M13?

I want to use 2 amps, basically as a glorified channel switcher, and have the M13 in the loops of both simultaneously.

UPDATE:

Using an ABC switcher, I have summed both FX Sends to mono, using both outputs from the m13 to go back to both amps.  Doesn't work as well as I had hoped, the effects are much louder in one amp, despite that amp being the clean amp.

Looks like I'll be buying 2 M9's and running 1 in each amp, for delays....

• 1 month later...

i have a M13 using the 4 cable method that i used a Tone Bone ABY and ran it into my EVH head along with a small Crate Palomino amp--did you have any problems getting the effects to work with the PreAll setting for the loop?

when i use the Pre setting none of the effects work in the loop--i have to set everything to postall

I'm uncertain what you're asking me Foggy?

I'm using the 2 cable method of just running my amps' fx loop sends into the inputs of the M13, and running the outputs of the M13 back to the corresponding amp's fx return.  I use the M13 for modulations/Filters/Reverbs/Delays with already overdriven amps, so I only want to have it in the loop of each amp.

EXAMPLE:

Amp 1 input         ----            Amp 1 FX Send into M13 Left Input       //    M13 Left Output into Amp 1 FX Return

Guitar into ABY into:

Amp 2 input         ----            Amp 2 FX Send into M13 Right Input    //     M13 Right Output into Amp 2 FX Return

UPDATE:

I was using Analog Chorus to test the functionality of using the fx loop of 2 amps, while switching my guitar from 1 amp to the other with an ABY box.

* Most of the delays behave EXACTLY AS I WISHED!  The chorus is a totally different story; the wrong amp would be the only one with sound coming out at one point...

Basically, any patch/effect that is true stereo will work.