Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"Flipping" footswitch functions...?

studio246

A "what if" question for Line 6 and other Firehawk users:

I am happy with Firehawk FX, but I wish one thing was different - I switch effects on and off more frequently than I change patches. Stepping over the patch change buttons to hit delay or overdrive on/off, I frequently miss and hit the patch change buttons below them.

Would it be an easy software/firmware fix to give us the option to "flip" the functions of the 2 footswitch rows? Since everything is digital, it would seem feasible, but I was just curious to see if anyone else would be interested in that option...

A firmware option would be nice. In the meantime other users have reported success with a simple workaround. Put a small riser of some sort underneath the rear edge of the device. Raising the rear of the device an inch or so makes it much easier to tap the top row switches without hitting the bottom row switches.

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

Sorry to bump this topic so late, but I opened mine up and physically swapped the top and bottom rows of switches - it required a fair amount of work but it works great and it feels so much more intuitive (like a real pedalboard) in live situations. The most frustrating parts were getting the silicone adhesive off of the PCB near the soldering pads and snapping the end of the lower row off where the Vol/Wah LEDs are and getting it to stay in place (eventually used hot glue) and wiring it back to the PCB that was now moved to the top row. The Wah LED still doesn't work for some reason, but I'm not super upset about it because I rarely use it anyway. Anyways, getting used to the Bank Up/Down buttons being reversed is a little weird, but other than that, I absolutely LOVE it.