Sign in to follow this  
studio246

"Flipping" footswitch functions...?

A "what if" question for Line 6 and other Firehawk users:

I am happy with Firehawk FX, but I wish one thing was different - I switch effects on and off more frequently than I change patches. Stepping over the patch change buttons to hit delay or overdrive on/off, I frequently miss and hit the patch change buttons below them.

Would it be an easy software/firmware fix to give us the option to "flip" the functions of the 2 footswitch rows? Since everything is digital, it would seem feasible, but I was just curious to see if anyone else would be interested in that option...

Actually I would like this option. I also switch effects on/off in a patch more frequently than changing patches.

And personally I find the big volume knob is a bit too close to the switch. Swapping switch rows sounds like a good idea!

A firmware option would be nice. In the meantime other users have reported success with a simple workaround. Put a small riser of some sort underneath the rear edge of the device. Raising the rear of the device an inch or so makes it much easier to tap the top row switches without hitting the bottom row switches.

• Upvote 1