Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V Remote app - how do you know which is you latest file?

Guest deanesque@hotmail.com

Guest deanesque@hotmail.com

So in the Spider V remote app, every time you save your edits it creates another file.  How do you know which is the latest?  You have all these files listed but I see no dates or info so does it put the latest file on top or bottom?  I really wish there was actual documentation on this stuff! :angry:

So in the Spider V remote app, every time you save your edits it creates another file.  How do you know which is the latest?  You have all these files listed but I see no dates or info so does it put the latest file on top or bottom?  I really wish there was actual documentation on this stuff! :angry:

I had a few duplicates on my list before I cleaned it up. I *think* ("think" being the key word here) that the one at the bottom is the latest, based on my ears, but since there is no date/time (that I can see) attached to them, I can't guarantee this is the case.

I have not been able to find much in the way of documentation for Spider V (other than the FAQ), but here is a link to some tone creation videos made for the AmpliFi that will get you close enough (just ignore anything to do with Bluetooth, as the Spider V does not support it)./ The app looks a bit different but the amp models and effects are pretty much the same between AmpliFi and Spider V

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifi-products/tone-creation/

The Spider V FAQ:

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/spider-v/spider-v-3060120240-faq-r834

• 4 weeks later...

Follow the votes in Ideascale so they will add a folder option in your App so you can save your files on your mobile device. Presently, the files are saved and hidden in the App. There's no access for those saved files from user sections. The app needs to be changed so it adds a user Folder called Line 6 with subfolders for user data like saved patches.

I'd also like a way to save FX presets. Then you can import those to the preset. I Doubt any of this will happen though considering the same requests were made for Amplifi which is 2 years old already.

What I have done is save the file with a date stamp. IE. "Plx V1 Dc26 2p" and "Plx V2 Dc27 8A" That is the only way you will see the time stamp. 

Why there is no user accessible file structure in mobile app is well beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to have a 24 preset limit on "My Tones" within the App. Once you reach that #24, app won't save any more edits. 

Ugghhhh  Unit has 100+ presets but the Spider Rem App limits to 24 user presets. 

And another reason they need a Windows or Mac version of the editor. On those, you could simple save as many preset files to any location on a HDD you wanted to.

So many great things about the Spider V lineup, but the App really is lacking.