Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk Pedal with a Digitech Trio and line 6 amplifier

Joeski13

Hi All,

I just purchased a Digitech Trio Plus and I am trying to hook it up through a Firehawk FX effects pedal and Line 6 amplifier and I am having a heck of a time. I can't seem to get it to work. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how?

Thank you,

Joeski

The Firehawk FX only has 1 input, so what you need is a mixer to mix the Firehawk Output and the Trio plus Output and then to your Line Amp Return for a clean(ish) overall volume boost.

If you use your Line6 Amp settings instead of the Firehawk Amp models, the Trio plus sounds will go through the same amp settings which is probably not the best option sound-wise.

I just checked the manual for the Trio Plus and you don't need a mixer at all!

Check manual page 13, first picture. This is basically how you have to set things up:

1. Plug your Guitar in the Trio Plus "Guitar input"
  2. Connect the Trio Plus "FX Send" to the Firehawk "Guitar input"
  3. Connect the Firehawk Mono (left) jack output to the Trio Plus "FX Return" 
  4. Connect the Trio Plus "AMP output" to the Line6 Amp input OR if your Line6 Amp has an FX loop put it in the Line6 "FX Return"

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this without connecting to an amp or a mixer?

I have my FireHawk FX connected to 2 powered speakers via 1/4 jack left and right. Simple and straight forward home studio set up.

Currently using SessionBand apps on Ipad and streaming the audio through the FH (which is great, but would like to have the functions of the Trio Plus).

Would love to have the Trio Plus for practice.. Anyone have this similar set up or know if it would work? I checked the diagrams on the user manual but cant determine if the setup I have would be ok.

Would appreciate any advice or info.

G