Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bug Workbench Please Help

often have received this message when I try to make a WB Operating, anyone know why this happens?

"failed to write data to the guitar"

and the sound of that model I'm changing mutes ., and now I can not get sound to come back in position 5 of the spank, the workbench repeats this error message

Now, Several models are dumb and a strange writing on the workbench

Do you have the interface plugged directly into a motherboard USB port?  Sometimes the ones on the front of the case don't supply enough current.  Worse, I have seen cases where the motherboard USB ports do not supply enough current for certain devices.  My Tascam guitar trainer will not stay connected unless it's plugged into an external USB hub with its own power supply.  This is why standards are so valuable:  Everyone gets to have their own!

If the motherboard ports aren't working, see if you can buy or borrow a hub with its own "wall wart" power supply and give that a try.

and the sound of that model I'm changing mutes ., and now I can not get sound to come back in position 5 of the spank, the workbench repeats this error message

Now, Several models are dumb and a strange writing on the workbench

I had this problem using Windows XP, Dell 1500 and interface plugged directly into motherboard USB. I only experienced the muted positions when I tried changing body types, can't remember if it was okay after unplugging my JTV or if I had to reinstall firmware (it was when the update was released and I reinstalled the firmware around a dozen times over two days so I don't recall the exact order of things, have not worked with workbench since). 2.0=kinda buggy