Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best way to run OD pedals with Helix

droosa1970

I've been trying search for the best way to utilize my fulltone OCD and Friedman BE-OD pedals with my helix. What I want to accomplish is to be able to have them setup in patches where I can use them for a different sound / drive, and was wondering if I could setup say the OCD on send/return 1, and the BE-OD on send/return 2......then in my patches would I need to have a send block for whichever one I want to use at that time?

Thanks, hope this makes sense!

Yep, you got it right. That's what send and return are meant for.

With od/distortion pedals, just make sure you put the send/return blocks before the amp block.

Also, make sure the loops are set to 'instrument' level (I think they default to this)

How does your OCD compare to the model in the Helix? I am just curious as to why you are using it. I am int he same boat though, the TS on the Helix sounds good, but not quite as good as I like my Green Rhino. I could have lived with the small differences, but where I felt it was necessary to keep using the Green Rhino is stacking external pedals into the Helix models, does not seem to sound or react like stacking the same two physical pedals together...if that makes sense.