Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Edit doesn't work anymore ?

Good evening,
I have a PODXt for several years now, but the software Line6 Edit doesn't work anymore (whereas it did), as it looks for Java Runtime 1.6, whereas current Windows systems are generally equiped with Java Runtime 1.8 and upper.
What do you suggest to remedy this ?
Thank you in advance
Regards

Hi Joe-Satriani,

I am facing the same problems. I hope you will get an answer soon. If I want to run Line 6 Edit, I got a message 'The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted. The system cannot find the mentioned file.

I hope someone has got a solution to resolve this issue.

Regards, Peghie

Hi Joe-Satriani,

I am facing the same problems. I hope you will get an answer soon. If I want to run Line 6 Edit, I got a message 'The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted. The system cannot find the mentioned file.

I hope someone has got a solution to resolve this issue.

Regards, Peghie

Hello Peghie,

according to Line6 support, there is a workaround to make Line6 Edit work under Windows 7/8 : you have to download and install a previous JRE of java 1.5 :

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/general-faq/java-errors-with-line-6-edit-and-workbench-r538

Be careful, download exclusively the 32-bits version of it.

It has worked for me.