Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is Helix physically capable of sending MIDI clock?

seattleguitarist

I know the Helix currently doesn't have the ability to send or receive MIDI clock. My question - Is this as simple as a future firmware update or does the Helix not contain the physical components necessary to be able to handle MIDI clock? If the Helix doesn't have the necessary hardware to ever support MIDI clock I will need to buy another product. If it is just a matter of a future update I will hang in there for the update.

I am pretty certain there is nothing missing in hardware to add MIDI support - it has the prerequisite 5 pin / usb and just requires updates to firmware. 

Responses from Line 6 confirm this, but as & when this will get added is anyone's guess - there is no sign it is even on the list AFAIK.

For many, it is a glaring omission and the reason why I use an AX-8.

Just got to hope they get this back in the spec to at least equal older Pod products.

what does this mean? Yes it is a simple firmware update or yes it does not contain the physical hardware for future MIDI clock? It wasn't really a yes or no question.

I was only responding to the title of the post, which is a yes or no question. :D

It would just be a firmware update.

BTW, MIDI clock was added by firmware update in other Line 6 products - the M13 and the HD500 for sure. Possibly the X3 Live, although, I don't remember for sure about that one.

I was only responding to the title of the post, which is a yes or no question. :D

It would just be a firmware update.

BTW, MIDI clock was added by firmware update in other Line 6 products - the M13 and the HD500 for sure. Possibly the X3 Live, although, I don't remember for sure about that one.

thank you

@seattleguitarist --- I'm curious about why you need MIDI clock — do you want to use the Helix (for example) as a master to control external MIDI devices, or as a slave to synch time-based Helix effects to external MIDI devices or DAW tracks? Or something else?

@seattleguitarist --- I'm curious about why you need MIDI clock — do you want to use the Helix (for example) as a master to control external MIDI devices, or as a slave to synch time-based Helix effects to external MIDI devices or DAW tracks? Or something else?

As the Master to send MIDI clock to external devices.

I'd except either! Master or slave. Personally slave would be best tho.