Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flipped LCD Screen

ShredIbanez

Pretty odd.  I went to change a patch and my LCD screen flipped backwards.  Now everything in any screen is backwards on my LCD screen only.  Scribble strips are good.  All the buttons under the LCD screen still think everything is normal so they adjust the parameters originally associated with them but not the parameter newly above the knob.  The joystick also is reverse sensing, i.e. left is right now.

Did I hit some magic combination of buttons to cause this?  How do I go back?

There's one for support, for sure.

I hate to be a Chicken Little, but either the stars are misaligned big time lately, or the latest firmware has an impressive collection of bugs and instabilities.

Knock silicon, my Helix has been quite stable on 201, and I've seen all manner of nonsense show up for various people with 210. Sticking w 201 until this settles out. All God's children got bugs, but really, this is too much.

I wonder how this happened.

I just restarted my Helix and noticed that for a couple seconds, the screen is actually normal.  Then it flips again...

No cats or Queen of Hearts.  But, I did put in a trouble ticket.  My guess is I'll be out a Helix for a month or so.  FML.

I just want to point out, I have had basically no issues with this Helix and I got it as soon as it came out.  I love this thing.

I just restarted my Helix and noticed that for a couple seconds, the screen is actually normal.  Then it flips again...

No cats or Queen of Hearts.  But, I did put in a trouble ticket.  My guess is I'll be out a Helix for a month or so.  FML.

I just want to point out, I have had basically no issues with this Helix and I got it as soon as it came out.  I love this thing.

Have you tried re-flashing it?

Would that be different than using the Updater to update Firmware?  I've done that twice now to 2.10 with no love.

That is truly wacky! Opposites Day and Bizarro World. Pretty sure it won't make a difference as I suspect this is a hardware failure, but have you also tried doing a safe boot (FS 6&12) and then updating the firmware again while in safe boot mode? 

My apologies for associating this unique glitch with the 210 firmware. I had no evidence, just worry, and since reverting to older firmware doesn't fix it, it's pretty clear they're unrelated.

Carry on.