Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do you delete/reset snapshots?

opzouten

Hi

I have experienced an error regarding snapshots. 

I copied a preset which has 8 snaps to a new location and started editing it so it ended up somewhat different than initially. When the preset was done I would like to change the snaps, but when I pressed one of the other snapshots-buttons my Helix froze and I had to restart it to get it to work. 

A user on TheGearPage suggested that I should Clear All Block Assignments to clear the snaps, but that did not have any effect. 

The only solution I could where to copy each block to a new empty preset which is a quite tedious process. 

Afterwards I exported both presets and had a look at the hlx-files.

The default snapshot settings will look like this:

"snapshot1" : {
"@name" : "SNAPSHOT 2",
"@tempo" : 120.0
},
"snapshot2" : {
"@name" : "SNAPSHOT 3",
},
"snapshot3" : {
"@name" : "SNAPSHOT 4",
},
"snapshot4" : {
"@name" : "SNAPSHOT 5",
},
"snapshot5" : {
"@name" : "SNAPSHOT 6",
},
"snapshot6" : {
"@name" : "SNAPSHOT 7",
},
"snapshot7" : {
"@name" : "SNAPSHOT 8",
}

When you then create snaps more attributes are added (first snap from the corrupted preset):

"snapshot1" : {
"@name" : "Rv+Trem",
"@tempo" : 120.0,
"blocks" : {
"dsp0" : {
"block0" : true,
"block1" : true,
"block2" : false,
"block3" : false,
"block4" : false,
"block5" : false,
"block6" : true,
"block7" : true,
"block8" : false,
"block9" : true
},
"dsp1" : {
"block0" : false,
"block1" : false,
"block2" : false,
"block3" : true,
"block4" : false
}
}
}

It seems like the information in the snaps are not changed correctly when the preset is changed so when choosing a different snapshot it attempts to change a block/parameter which is not there which causes the Helix to freeze. So would like to clear out the snapshots to get back to the default setting, but so far I hav'nt found a solution. 

I have thought about just editing directly in the file, but it would be nice if changes in the presets were also reflected in the snaps. 

Have anybody else experienced this problem?

Mine did this the other day. I think if you change parameters in the snapshots after you copy/paste its getting confused on what values to adjust. For me it was copying a patch then editing some of the parameters that are static during snapshot changes (I don't really change my amp's EQ and DEP settings in my patches from snap-snap, just on/off states and effects parameters) and it seemed like it was looking for the original parameters from the copied patch, maybe? I'm just getting in the habit of pressing any knob before I do any edits after copying and that seems to provide the proper information to have things switch. Kind a pain because it adds a minute or two to adjusting individual snaps, but its not a huge deal so far.

Can't say I've come across this. Perhaps you could build the framework for your preset first, before doing any work on the snapshots and then copy that preset to another location and then work on the snapshots. That way, you always have something to go back to.

Mine did this the other day. I think if you change parameters in the snapshots after you copy/paste its getting confused on what values to adjust. For me it was copying a patch then editing some of the parameters that are static during snapshot changes (I don't really change my amp's EQ and DEP settings in my patches from snap-snap, just on/off states and effects parameters) and it seemed like it was looking for the original parameters from the copied patch, maybe? I'm just getting in the habit of pressing any knob before I do any edits after copying and that seems to provide the proper information to have things switch. Kind a pain because it adds a minute or two to adjusting individual snaps, but its not a huge deal so far.

What do you mean by "pressing any knob"? Do you mean all the snapshot or something else?

Like if I copy a patch that has setting that doesn't change between snapshots on the original patch (say Bass on the amp model), but then I change it without pressing the knob (to add the brackets telling helix this parameter changes with snapshots) on the copied patch, then my helix gets confused and hangs or freezes. If I press the knob so it adds the brackets telling helix I'm changing this parameter in snapshots, then it doesn't seem to mind.