Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Monitor Scenes/presets?

I know I should just dig into the manual for this, so forgive me but I have a gig coming up again Saturday night and I want to see if I can take the monitor mix from Monitor B from this past weekend and copy and paste it to Monitor C, so that I can have A and B open for creating a stereo pair.  We were previously using one monitor mix per person but now my other guitar player and I are going to share a stereo in ear mix and he was previously on Monitor C, I'm on A.  I don't want to disturb the bass player's monitor mix on B, just want to move it to C exactly as is.  I figured I would post this now as I go hunting myself for the answer, that way if I don't find it by Saturday, someone may be able to answer.  If I do find it I'll answer my own question and post it up here for future reference by other users.

Well I found a partial answer, which is more obvious for my immediate need which is on setup to just hilite Monitor B and then open the input panel at the top and tap the input C and let them swap.  So now, I have Monitor B moved to Monitor C.  Great!!

On the other hand it doesn't look like there is a way to create a monitor scene or preset or some way to preserve monitor mixes, which for in ears could actually translate from room to room.  I know that they get saved with the setup and possibly even the scene but when you swtich setups all the levels including mains and all 4 monitor sends are zeroed out.  Not great, when you spend a bunch of time figuring the right amount of send to your transmitter.  And then have to guess again without an actual db read out on the Monitor page.  Even that would be helpful if I could get the mix right I would be happy to write down the exact db settings on the channels to my monitor mix.  As it is you have to go into each channel deep tweak and then hit the monitor and it will show you exactly how much send there is from that channel to each monitor.  Then you go to the next channel.  etc.

I put a posting on Line 6 Ideas page for a way to lock monitor mixes, just because another band member with an ipad not paying attention to which monitor mix he has selected can suddenly ruin your mix thinking they are fixing theirs.  I got a -1 vote... LOL who would do that and then leave no comment?

• Upvote 1