Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ghost saddles for 705?

Part of it is the physic dimensions, they won't fit the saddles.

Don't know yet about the electric characteristics or how they

match up impedance wise.

That's a ten year old product. Not easy to get parts for.

I know, thanks for the reply thought :( . Too bad Line 6 don't make a new one. 

• 5 months later...

Hi, Arislaf!

Did you found anything so far?

I'm deliberating if the moment to sell my 705 has arrived. I don't want a time bomb on my hands, and the LT is tempting me.

Negative mate, nothing so far...

• Upvote 1

Negative mate, nothing so far...

Really bad!

At least still there are compatible piezo pickup replacements: http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/114557-Line-6-11-11-0001

But... how long could the stock last?

What are you planning to do with your 705, Arislaf? Do you think is still a good idea keeping a ten year old product for which it is not easy to get parts?

Really bad!

At least still there are compatible piezo pickup replacements: http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/114557-Line-6-11-11-0001

But... how long could the stock last?

What are you planning to do with your 705, Arislaf? Do you think is still a good idea keeping a ten year old product for which it is not easy to get parts?

My 705 was a third hand bass, already 11 years old, running perfectly though. I will install the ghost when the bass pickups dies... I will try and  find a solution..And yes mate, I will keep the 705 until all electronics die, it is an ultimate bass.

• Upvote 1

My 705 was a third hand bass, already 11 years old, running perfectly though. I will install the ghost when the bass pickups dies... I will try and  find a solution..And yes mate, I will keep the 705 until all electronics die, it is an ultimate bass.

My 705 sunburst is also working perfectly so far. And yes, its a very good bass, except for the weight (that it's insane).

I love the string spacing. Together with the Musicman Sting Ray model (Manta) this bass is simply awesome for slapping, very very close to the real thing.

I bought mine second hand 5 years ago, the original owner was a pro bassist, so it's almost mint and have a pro setup as well, with a very low action, a real pleasure to play.

So please let us know if/when you find any solution, becouse most of us are still loving our Variax Bass but have no clue of how a Ghost can be installed there (specially when L6 says they won't fit the saddles).

Another option if/when everything else fails could be a Roland GK-3B pickup, but then you have to get an GR55 as well. In this situation I'm not sure if the 705 worth the expense, being such a heavy instrument...

Something like the Yamaha TRB 1005 TBL would be a good replacement If you like the 705 neck feel (as I do). I think the string spacing its very similar, and the active electronics seems to give a broad sound palette.

By the way, Arislaf, are you already a member of the Variax Bass club? (I am member #12): https://www.talkbass.com/threads/the-official-variax-bass-club.932650/

My 705 sunburst is also working perfectly so far. And yes, its a very good bass, except for the weight (that it's insane).

I love the string spacing. Together with the Musicman Sting Ray model (Manta) this bass is simply awesome for slapping, very very close to the real thing.

I bought mine second hand 5 years ago, the original owner was a pro bassist, so it's almost mint and have a pro setup as well, with a very low action, a real pleasure to play.

So please let us know if/when you find any solution, becouse most of us are still loving our Variax Bass but have no clue of how a Ghost can be installed there (specially when L6 says they won't fit the saddles).

Another option if/when everything else fails could be a Roland GK-3B pickup, but then you have to get an GR55 as well. In this situation I'm not sure if the 705 worth the expense, being such a heavy instrument...

Something like the Yamaha TRB 1005 TBL would be a good replacement If you like the 705 neck feel (as I do). I think the string spacing its very similar, and the active electronics seems to give a broad sound palette.

By the way, Arislaf, are you already a member of the Variax Bass club? (I am member #12): https://www.talkbass.com/threads/the-official-variax-bass-club.932650/

Sure thing Ed, you help me with the bass sounds already before! If I will have any news you will be the first to know. Thanks for the club, didn't know it exists :) I made my subscription.

• Upvote 1