Jump to content

Touch Select


STPLE
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone ever have trouble with a footswitch touch select not working??  I just discovered tonight that I can't assign footswitch number 9 to a block by the normal touching it for 2 seconds, etc.  I can assign ever other footswitch with that method except for that one.  It's worked perfectly till now - any ideas??

 

Everything is updated, etc.  I turned the Helix off and then on again.  Global settings - I made sure Touch Select is "on".  I can still assign the footswitch manually - Bypass Assign - then assign whatever block to footswitch 9, etc.

Any ideas or if anyone else has fixed this problem - I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Here's an update - I've been helped by forum members for years - I hope this helps someone.

 

I decided to try a factory reset and updating the firmware again instead of sending it in for a new footswitch (which would have been covered under warranty).

 

The Line6 Reset Procedure page said to press:  8,9+12.  I did that before attempting to reinstall the firmware. 

 

The crazy thing is that it started working after I did the factory reset 8,9+12.  I never did reinstall the firmware update.  I've never had a problem with Line6 updates, etc.  They have always gone smoothly for me.

 

I have no idea why this fixed it - anyone know??  Dumb luck??  Or is that factory reset different than the normal 9+10 reset after the updates??  Any ideas??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's an update - I've been helped by forum members for years - I hope this helps someone.

 

I decided to try a factory reset and updating the firmware again instead of sending it in for a new footswitch (which would have been covered under warranty).

 

The Line6 Reset Procedure page said to press:  8,9+12.  I did that before attempting to reinstall the firmware. 

 

The crazy thing is that it started working after I did the factory reset 8,9+12.  I never did reinstall the firmware update.  I've never had a problem with Line6 updates, etc.  They have always gone smoothly for me.

 

I have no idea why this fixed it - anyone know??  Dumb luck??  Or is that factory reset different than the normal 9+10 reset after the updates??  Any ideas??

Congrats on the fix, glad to see you got it sorted.

 

I'm gonna lean toward the "dumb luck" scenario - with the modfier that, in this case, "luck" has more to do with an extremely complex and sophisticated software environment, and it's hardware interface.  Somehow, something went south on ya - minor power spike?  Static hit?  Little bump in your last update procedure?  Hard to say - but I'm always impressed with the brain power that goes into something like this, lord knows how many thousands of lines of code lurk in there.  And it only takes one line to be corrupted to throw things into the dumper.

 

Right now, while things are good - do a full backup, setlists and individual programs - and then get back to jammin'....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...