Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar with active pickups only making buzzing

robh21234

Ok so i just purchased a firehawk to use with my crate bv-120h amp. I hooked it all up through the effects loop and turned it on and all i hear is buzzing. I habe a schecter demon 6 with active pickups. I plugged in my friends ibanez with passive pickups and it works just fine. Is the the firehawk not compatible with active pickups or am i doing something wrong?

maybe the cord?  I have 2 active Schecters, an active Ibanez bass, passive Ibanez guitar and they all work just fine.  Make sure it's an instrument cord and not a stereo cord.  I was just thinking a grounding issue or something.  Lots of people have active pickups.

It was probably a setting that was reset on the reflash. Keep that in mind when you make changes, if it occurs again look at what was changed just prior. For the most part amp's don't really care if PUs are active or not. Some passive PUs can have a real strong signal too.