Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FireHawk USB Question

Lguitarjsm

Hi everyone,

I just bought a Firehawk, and so far I am pretty pleased with it.  

I have a couple of questions: (thanks in advance)

1) I want to connect my ipad to the usb port in the back of the firehawk, but I don't know what type of usb port that is so I can buy it on line.  It has this "funny" type shape. 

2) I am plugging the output to an amp, does it matter what type of guitar cable I use (balance, unbalanced, etc)  Same with the cable going to my student montiors (I am using a three prong cable for that.. not sure what the of the cable is...I am knew to all this)

Thank you,

Lguitarjsm

To connect your Ipad to the USB port in back of Firehawk you will need a few things. First the cable you need for the "funny" shape is a "USB A male to B male" cable. This cable is pretty standard, most printers use one of these. Next, to go from the USB cable into the lightning port on your iPad you will need an iPad Camera Connection Kit USB adapter.

If you are going to out to a regular guitar amp, balanced or unbalanced cables will work fine. It sounds like the cable going to your student monitors is an XLR cable which is a balanced cable.

• 1 year later...