Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Acoustic with firehawk - effects control from floor

mgriego007

I am looking for a cost effective solution to control the firehawks effects from a floor board. I am using only one patch for an piezo pickup equipped guitar. So I'm only needing to turn effects on and off.

It's my understanding that this cannot be accomplished via midi.

I realize the fbv3 and shortboard mk2 solve my problem, but also of concern to me is the ability to control the looper. The one button control appears to have its own issue.

I was leaning towards some sort of multi effects unit in the effects loop of the firehawk so I could get effects and a looper with multi button function.

Am I missing another solution? Thanks.

I use an FBV MKII with my FH1500 and it works fine, it's a bit older than the FBV3 but it'll suit your needs and is a cheaper alternative. I play everything through the Firehawk: acoustic, bass and electric. The looper is a bit disappointing, yes; but if you are used to single-button loopers like TC-electronics then it works fine. The main downside which they should really address is the erase procedure - you hear about 2 seconds of what you've recorded.

The lack of midi implementation is a hot potato. The looper midi implementation described in the manual is identical to the HD Pro X. Which works very well.

A lot of people are eagerly awaiting the next firmware update.