Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix for in-ear monitors

Stuartgoodwin

Hi, 

Does anyone know how I can use my Helix to get an in-ear monitor mix of myself (guitar and vocals) and my playing partner?Ive tried a few ways but I'm not very technically minded... :(   I'm currently using a small Behringer desk at the moment next to my Helix for a wired in-ear monitor setup but its a pain....

You will need an at least 3 channel mixer (like Behringer offers). After connecting all the units (Helix, mic, signal of partner) as well as your headphone/speakers to it, you have to level the volumes of each according to your needs and taste.

If your partner also want to have a mix, you will need a mixer with min. 1 bus system, so that you e.g. us the bus and our partner the main output of the mixer.

Hi, 

Does anyone know how I can use my Helix to get an in-ear monitor mix of myself (guitar and vocals) and my playing partner?Ive tried a few ways but I'm not very technically minded... :(   I'm currently using a small Behringer desk at the moment next to my Helix for a wired in-ear monitor setup but its a pain....

Thanks but that's what I'm doing now...I was hoping to have a solution without using a separate desk.

Hope I am understanding your question . Are you saying you want to get a mix in your IEMs of both your bandmate's guitar as well as your guitar and vocals without using a mixing board, just the Helix? People have definitely set IEMs up for their own guitar and vocals and I see no reason you couldn't add another feed in from your bandmate as well. You could use one of the Helix's returns or drag a split block down to create a separate input block and path. Then send that return or path to the same output you are using for the IEMs for your own guitar and vocals on the Helix. Have you set your own guitar and mic up on the Helix yet to output to your IEMs?