Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best " FSW Boot Sequence " to wipe / clear Helix .... ?

benifin

Hi all

Got the info below in blue from the Line 6 website.

If ( !?!? :) ) I were to buy pre-owned / used Helix and I wanted to completly / totally / absolutly restore and clear everything in it to " as-if it were brand new in box and never previoulsy turned on " .....which FSW Boot Sequence is the best one to use:-

1)   Hold FS5 and FS12 while powering Helix: Clears EVERYTHING

2)   Hold FS5 and FS6 while powering Helix: Restores backdoor and user-selectable Global parameters to factory

3)   Hold FS7 and FS8 while powering Helix: Restores presets and setlists to factory

4)   Hold FS8 and FS9 while powering Helix: Restores presets, setlists, and IRs to factory

5)   Hold FS9 and FS10 while powering Helix: Restores presets, setlists, IRs, and both backdoor and user-selectable Global parameters to factory

Thanks,

Ben

Perhaps 5&12 does indeed clear everything - including factory presets whereas 9&10 restores factory presets. But just a guess as I've never used 5&12.

Thanks.

After a bit more reading,  if I do grab a used Helix, given all I would really want to do is to return it to the state it was in when it left the factory, FSW 9  &  FSW 10 is doubtless the way to go.

Thanks,

Ben

This google search find this topic and and presets, only:

site:line6.com backdoor

benifin, not to put you on the spot, but do you have the link to that info? Seems we're all confused, but intrigued!

Hi. Not at all   :)

See the  12th  bolded  question  titled  "  What are the secret bootup shortcuts?  "  at this link:-

http://line6.com/support/topic/14264-helix-faq/

Would be good to know  [offically]  the "differences".

Thanks,

Ben

Hi. Not at all :)

See the 12th bolded question titled " What are the secret bootup shortcuts? " at this link:-

http://line6.com/support/topic/14264-helix-faq/

Would be good to know [offically] the "differences".

Thanks,

Ben

That is intriguing! You would think 'backdoor' would refer to resetting some FS combination that the Line6 techs could use to get into a locked up Helix and/or perhaps to manipulate diagnostics, parameters, settings, or commands not ordinarily available to users. Maybe akin to the backdoors built into many video games. If so I would like the backdoor combination for the unlimited IR slots and the two additional unused Tiger SHARCs please... :D